Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

John Craddock Ltd - Alternative to Rovers North and Atlantic British

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 09:53 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Wink John Craddock Ltd - Alternative to Rovers North and Atlantic British

Today I placed my first order with John Craddock Ltd. Im definitely taking a risk with this company, mainly because they are based in the United Kingdom and if they send me wrong or defective parts then Ill be **** out of luck for a week or two... But I took an even bigger risk last year when I purchased a professionally remanufactured block from Tuner Engineering who is also based in the United Kingdom - so far no complaints.

Total invested in Atlantic British parts since 2012: $2,219.37

Total invested in Rovers North parts since 2012:
$5,684.18+

AB offers great customer service and resonable prices but accuracy is low. On seceral occasions they sent me the incorrect parts and I had to wait longer for them to ship the correct parts then the hassle of shipping incorrect parts back to them. It took them 3 attempts to send me the correct brake booster servo, and two attemps for the center muffler...

Rovers North has friendly staff and good customer service but the quality/quality control is low and they are probably the most expensive LR parts supplier in the US after the dealership. Not happy with how they wanted to handle to replacement of my defective coolant expansion tank (genuine part) either. Ive had issues with their Bosch O2 sensors not sending a signal, axle shaft seals failing prematurely, Icarsoft diagnostic tool frequently needs to be discinnected and rebooted while trying to diagnoise engine misfire codes, coolant expansion tank has a small crack (installed January 2016)... Etc

Right now I need a new secondary air injection pump and a SAI flexiable hose. Im going with genuine new parts for the SAI because the system seems to be very sensitive and has the potential to drastically decrease my fuel economy if there are any faults or defects in the SAI system. I already installed a new genuine SAI reservoir afew years ago etc.

John Craddock Ltd parts cost:
SAI Pump WIB100030 - GB 208.28
SAI flexible hose WAH100150 - GB 57.28
Radiator muff DA2163 - GB 32.19
Total cost shipped in US dollar $399.09

Rovers North parts cost:
SAI Pump WIB100030 - $401.95SAI
flexible hose WAH100150 - $120.52
Radiator muff DA2163 - not available
Total cost not including shipping $522.47

When the parts have been delivered and installed Ill return to this with a review. Lets see how long it takes the parts to get here and compare the quality and accuracy of John Craddock to Rovers North and Atlantic British.

Turner Engineering
Turner Engineering - Remanufacturer of Land Rover Engines and supplier of Land Rover engine parts

John Craddock Ltd
Land Rover Parts, Spares & Accessories

Last edited by TRIARII; 10-29-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

So $101.34 in shipping? How did that work out? I ALMOST placed an order with John Craddock and the lack of shipping cost kept me from pulling the trigger. I didn't feel comfortable giving them my credit card info and basically committing to an order before knowing what the shipping was.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:13 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
So $101.34 in shipping? How did that work out? I ALMOST placed an order with John Craddock and the lack of shipping cost kept me from pulling the trigger. I didn't feel comfortable giving them my credit card info and basically committing to an order before knowing what the shipping was.
Your math is off just a bit. Use XE.com for currency conversion figures.

GB 208.28 = $253.86
GB 57.28 = $69.82
GB 32.19 = $39.24
Total before shipping GB 297.75 = $362.97
Shipping/export $36.12

Grand Total $399.09

Their website is not very user friendly. Many of their parts in the catalog do not include a picture of the part and as you pointed out they do not include an shipping estimate calculator. I opted to send them an email, asked Donna many questions and clarified exactly what Im looking for, vehicle compatibility, shipping address etc. She responded the next day with a grand total cost and provided a link to the payments page. I imagine the Brits do things a bit different than we do.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Ahh, didn't catch the GBP/USD change there.
Good to know they're responsive to emails.
I may need some trans parts in the future.
Originally Posted by TRIARII
Your math is off just a bit. Use XE.com for currency conversion figures.

GB 208.28 = $253.86
GB 57.28 = $69.82
GB 32.19 = $39.24
Total before shipping GB 297.75 = $362.97
Shipping/export $36.12

Grand Total $399.09

Their website is not very user friendly. Many of their parts in the catalog do not include a picture of the part and as you pointed out they do not include an shipping estimate calculator. I opted to send them an email, asked Donna many questions and clarified exactly what Im looking for, vehicle compatibility, shipping address etc. She responded the next day with a grand total cost and provided a link to the payments page. I imagine the Brits do things a bit different than we do.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
Ahh, didn't catch the GBP/USD change there.
Good to know they're responsive to emails.
I may need some trans parts in the future.
Ill post pics and review once I receive the package. Probably should wait until then before jumping on the bandwagon. My fingers are crossed - need a new parts supplier.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Right now is definitely a good time to buy from the UK vendors, since the GBP has fallen so much due to Brexit.

I ordered a rear crossmember for my RRC years ago, and it was delivered quickly and in great shape.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

A word of reassurance, John Craddock are very well established LR dealers and have been around for many decades plus. They know LR's inside out and aren't rip off artists, in fact, quite the reverse. For shipping costs contact them by e-mail or telephone first as I'm sure they will do you a deal. Hope this helps in future.

The following 2 users liked this post by OffroadFrance:
Racer X (11-05-2016), TRIARII (11-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
A word of reassurance, John Craddock are very well established LR dealers and have been around for many decades plus. They know LR's inside out and aren't rip off artists, in fact, quite the reverse. For shipping costs contact them by e-mail or telephone first as I'm sure they will do you a deal. Hope this helps in future.
Thanks for the reassurance. I did read up on John Craddock, apparently some of the staff like to argue over the phone with customers haha - but that probably just means they have "character" and I do find it hilarious. Here in the states everyone walks on eggshells.

If all goes well then Ill definitely make John Craddock my primary supplier of new parts.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:00 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Us Brits are an argumentative bunch of 'bar stewards' . Also try JGS4x4 and a few others. Never put all your eggs in one basket as some others have good deals also and the D2 spares are now disappearing from stockists shelves never to be replaced so they are trying to offload them asasp. If you have suspicions about any UK suppliers PM me with their name and I'll give you the heads up on them. Where possible try to stick with the known US suppliers as their prices should have fallen considerably after the collapse of GBP stirling vs the USD following the referendum.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:18 AM
TReK

I forgot to update this.

I received my order about a week after purchase which was resomable for non expited shipping from the United Kingdom. Everything was in order and accurate. No complaints at all and I look forward to doing more business with John Craddock in the near future. Im also going to use Genuine parts from this point forward when possible. Cheap knock off brands like Rovers North Proline line are complete junk, then again RN cant even get Genuine parts right...

Quick Reply: John Craddock Ltd - Alternative to Rovers North and Atlantic British