General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

The Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Rebuild

Sorry this has taken a while but, my schedule at work changed in the process of the rebuild and I have had even less time to work on it.
My brother came over and helped get the heads back on which was a blessing. We actually put the passenger side on first because of all the hoses... strange thing is... we had a more difficult time getting the driver's side on. Seems like it didn't want to line up right. At this point we were thinking it is what it is.
I got the rockers and rods back on two days ago which was more tedious than anything. Pulling them out, cleaning and inserting one by one... very time consuming.
Tonight got the lower intake back on. This one was a puzzle and probably where I might have issues. The manual clearly says to put the clamps on and not tighten them. Then you add the gasket and the intake and then the intake bolts. tighten the bolts then tighten the gasket clamps. How in the heck do you torque the clamp when it is right underneath the fuel inlet? The manual even has a picture with the bolt for the clamp right under it. Needless to say, I had to use a wrench and try to judge the torque. Ugh!!!
Anyway, at least it's on the top of the engine haha. Not too far to go to try to fix it if it leaks. Here are the pics and (of course) comments are welcome. I'm gonna put the rest of the intake on tomorrow and look at my pictures from the tear down to figure out the hoses and wires since it's been since April that I started

Last edited by mudpuppy229; 06-19-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I went back into the manual and basically answered my own question. They took the fuel rail off of the intake during disassembly. Also... yes, I'm repairing the harness. Actually spent most of the later part of the evening cutting off the old flume/ conduit and putting on the new. Decided to add a little color in the process. I'll have more time this Sunday to do more work so I'll post more pics here then. thanks for looking!