Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Bug's Eye View

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi SS,

Awesome. The first was great and very controlled although the HV from the HS train upset his system a bit, well recovered though, if he hadn't the altitude it could have been a disaster. The second vid in Ausria was very crazy, it seems like you do what you like there, buzzing vehicles etc. I think he was a bit reckless but still excellent. Still, both very good vids.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's one for the books:

And a COOL addition you can install. GPS, so you can fly out of normal range.

Last edited by SuperSport; 03-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Thumbs up

Hi SS

Again, awesome. Only a nutty Brit would take his drone to the south pole though. I'd love to have trekked there but I'm afraid at 68 I'm now past my 'sell by' date. The second vid is super trick with the GPS planning, serious playtime with very hi-tech bolt ons. These guys must spent an absolute fortune on this kit.

Tomorrow I think I've made time to put together the micro drone and first flights. Wish me luck.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi SS

Again, awesome. Only a nutty Brit would take his drone to the south pole though. I'd love to have trekked there but I'm afraid at 68 I'm now past my 'sell by' date. The second vid is super trick with the GPS planning, serious playtime with very hi-tech bolt ons. These guys must spent an absolute fortune on this kit.

Tomorrow I think I've made time to put together the micro drone and first flights. Wish me luck.
My dad is 91, and almost getting to his Sell By date, so you've got time!

I'm anxious to hear about your quad. Can you take photos as you go? I'd love to see how it comes together, etc... If not, I understand, being 68 and all... hehehe

Pretty Cool LITTLE quad. And, the benefit of removable battery. That's good.

Last edited by SuperSport; 03-16-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Pro Wrench

Hmmm... No camera, but I watched a video where someone mounted one to it, and it flew awesome!
LaTrax | Alias (#6608) - Video

Old 03-16-2014, 06:38 PM

The Alias looks trick and good for a novice like me, it also seems bombproof which is great.

Assembled the drone today and had a little fly around but a bit too windy here today, last week was far better with virtually no winds. It's the penalty of living near the coast on the Bay of Biscay. Ill think I'll take it back to the UK and have a play in Petworth Park where there's plenty of room as well.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=petwo...w=1164&bih=645

Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Pro Wrench

The Alias looks trick and good for a novice like me, it also seems bombproof which is great.

Assembled the drone today and had a little fly around but a bit too windy here today, last week was far better with virtually no winds. It's the penalty of living near the coast on the Bay of Biscay. Ill think I'll take it back to the UK and have a play in Petworth Park where there's plenty of room as well.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=petwo...w=1164&bih=645
Beautiful Park! Would love to see any video you are able to get there.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM

Hi SS, I didn't get the chance to fly the drone in Petworth Park but I have had a few 'flights' ans mishaps so far. I'll keep going until I improve a bit. It's harder than it looks to control these drones

I pulled down this article as I think this guy has been a naughty boy and doing a bit of 'spying' but probably not maliciously.

First ever UK prosecution for dangerous driving of a DRONE | Mail Online

Old 04-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Pro Wrench

Hi SS, I didn't get the chance to fly the drone in Petworth Park but I have had a few 'flights' ans mishaps so far. I'll keep going until I improve a bit. It's harder than it looks to control these drones

I pulled down this article as I think this guy has been a naughty boy and doing a bit of 'spying' but probably not maliciously.

First ever UK prosecution for dangerous driving of a DRONE | Mail Online
I guess they are becoming more US like. It's only ok for the Government and Police to Spy on people.

I totally understand not flying near airports and bridges, that was not smart. And I don't think people should unsuspectingly spy on others (Peeping Toms), but other than that, they are going to over regulate this hobby just like they do everything else...

Yes, flying these is not super simple. It gets easier as you go along, but takes some time, and some bumps/bruises.

Here is a 7 year old showing what CAN be done with a Heli when you spend some time learning. And when you have the reflexes of a 7 year old. It's amazing watching them defy the laws of gravity.

And, for those who love to fish, and Drink a LOT!

Old 04-28-2014, 08:39 PM

That first vid with the 7 year old is awesome.

I am going to have a play with the MD2 tomorrow without the camera still and try improve a bit. If a 7 year old can do it surely a 68 year old can

Quick Reply: Bug's Eye View