LR4 in the sand dunes? - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Default LR4 in the sand dunes?

Anyone ever off roaded in the dunes in their LR4? Any problems? Or any foreseen problems if I were to do that? Anyone?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:33 PM

The truck itself will do find in the sand but IMO sand is the hardest surface to navigate a 4wd on. The keys for success on sand are slow calculated movements of the throttle and at all costs avoid spinning your wheels. Airing down your tires will also help but take care not to pop a bead if you have 19 or 20 inch wheels. Equipment wise if i'm planning on sand I don't leave home without recovery boards and either a winch and sand anchor or a buddy to act as an anchor/ ****** strap puller. ****** straps are great until you both bog your wheels, thats why a winch is invaluable.