Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Seriously I found the answer to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts
Default Seriously I found the answer to Sirius

If you go to http://www.tss-radio.com/products/land-rover-kenwood-sirius-tuner-package they sell a package that allows you to use your stock stereo to receive Sirius radio.
The package comes with a Kenwood Sirius receiver, antenna, cable and Pie interface adaptor, the best part is you don’t even have to remove you stock stereo to hook it up.
Plug one end of their cable into the Kenwood receiver, connect the Pie interface adaptor to the other end, and now plug the interface cable into the 10-pin connector under the passenger seat for the CD player (no power necessary). Throw the antenna on the roof and call Sirius to activate (or you can activate on line).
The Sirius programing will show on your stock stereo, you can use the stock steering wheel controls for volume and channel changes. Oh and it you want to keep your CD or add an I-pod there is a slave port on the receiver that you can hook you CD back up too. The Kenwood receiver also has a two female RCA jacks. The Pie interface cable and comes with a second cable that has two male RCA connector and a male 3.5 mm ?? Plug; which I assume plugs into an mp3 player.
So you don’t need and aftermarket stereo that just doesn’t look right or has the wrong colored lights, no special adaptors to get your steering wheel controls to interface and other than the antenna you can’t tell it’s there. I left mine under the passenger seat were the CD player would be, but the cable is about 8 feet long so you could put it just about any were in the truck that you wanted.
Now it does not give you all the functions of a new Sirius stereo, like logging artists, playback & repeat. It probably does more but I would have to read the direction and you know that isnt going to happen.
What is does do is allow you to have satellite radio using all the stock Harmon Kardon equipment and you can be up and running in 5 minute or less.
Best of all it only costs $119.99 OR $89.99 If you’re a new subscriber, I feel like I got ripped off I have a life time subscription and some one new can buy the equipment cheaper than me. Oh well; at least I get my satellite radio & up to date traffic reports back, terrestrial radio sucks.

Last edited by drowssap; 07-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.