Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!

Read EKA Code (Freelander up to 01, Defender, Discovery)

Under normal circumstances, the only way to disarm the Immobiliser on a Land Rover
vehicle is to use the correct Plip key to unlock the car. If no Plip key is available or
functioning, it is possible to disarm the Immobiliser by using the EKA (Emergency Key
Access) Code. This option will read the EKA Code from the vehicle and display it on the
Multi-Tester Pro screen.
The EKA Code consists of a 4 digit numerical sequence. To use an EKA code to disarm a
vehicle, perform the following sequence:
Insert the key into the drivers door lock and turn to the lock position.
Wait for 5 seconds.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the first digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the second digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the third digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the fourth digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position.

If the EKA code is entered correctly, the Alarm LED will stop flashing, and the engine will
start.
If you make an error while entering the EKA code, open and close the driver’s door before
going back to the start of the sequence. If the EKA code is entered unsuccessfully 3 times,
the system will ignore any further attempts for the next 10 minutes.

The following users liked this post:
Wheelspin (06-14-2021)
Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

so .... how do you find out the EKA?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

For NAS, use the default 1515... I've confirmed that it works on my 99 at least... with a 2000 BCU.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1515 works for me also!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Ok guy's, this has been added to the "Write up" section on the DII side and into the "Tech Section" on the DI side.
So please point people to there if you see this in the future.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Here is a bit more detailed text, stolen from rave:

The code is recorded on the security information card and is entered as follows:
  1. Using the key, turn the driver's door lock to the UNLOCK position and hold in this position for at least 5 seconds. An audible warning is then emitted to indicate that the body control unit is ready to accept the code. Return the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter the separate numerical values of the four digits that make up the EKA code.
  2. Enter the first digit of the code. If the first digit is 4, turn the key to the UNLOCK position 4 times. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
  3. Enter the second digit of the code. If the second digit is 3, turn the key to the LOCK position 3 times. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
  4. Enter the third digit of the code. If the third digit is 2, turn the key to the UNLOCK position twice. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
  5. Enter the fourth digit of the code. If the fourth digit is 1, turn the key to the LOCK position once. Ensure the key is fully returned to the centre position after each turn of the key.
  6. Finally, turn the key to the UNLOCK position and back to the centre position, a double bleep will indicate that the code has been entered correctly. A single bleep indicates that the code has been entered incorrectly.

Then, before opening the door, wait 5 minutes for the alarm and immobiliser to be de-activated. During the 5 minute wait for the alarm and immobiliser to be de-activated, the alarm indicator LED in the instrument pack continues to flash (one flash every 2 seconds). DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR OR ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE CAR until the full delay period has elapsed.

When the 5 minute wait has elapsed, the alarm indicator LED stops flashing. Immediately open the door, insert the key in the ignition switch and turn the switch to position II. If the ignition switch is not turned to position II within 30 seconds of the end of the 5 minute wait, the engine is automatically immobilised again.
The EKA code will not be recognised if there is an interval of 10 seconds or more between key turns or if the key is held turned for 5 seconds or more during the procedure.

In some system configurations a successful EKA code entry is indicated by the audible warning device pulsing twice for a period of 50 ms on, 200 ms off. The theft deterrent LED is switched on for 1 second, all doors unlock, the alarm disarms and the vehicle is remobilised allowing the engine to start.

If an incorrect code is entered, an audible warning is emitted and the procedure must be repeated. Up to a maximum of 10 attempts to enter the code is possible. After 10 attempts, the BCU will not allow any further codes to be entered for a period of 10 minutes.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to do this but my key wont turn left or right in the lock, any Ideas? I sprayed WD40 in it and still nothing.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Winching

also the passenger and both rear doors wont unlock with the remote or the unlock button inside, I have to open them with the door handle inside but they lock with the remote and the inside button. I can hear the actuators when I hit the unlock but it only locks them. The drivers side and rear door unlock and lock with the remote and inside button...

Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The driver door lock cylinder has small parts in it, just like most door locks, usually made of brass or similar material, corrosion can freeze them, and WD 40 may not help. Before things get to the point where you can't get in the truck anymore, should take apart doors and remove locks, attempt cleaning, lube with graphite or silicone, or replace units. Lots of posts about truck locked, remote quits, can't get in, superlock on, can't get in, etc.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Winching

Savannah I have read all the post and I want to avoid that. I will take the lock apart and see if a pin has fallen out and try to get it repaired. Before I sprayed WD40 in the lock the key only went in half way, now it goes all the way in but wont turn. Lock seems pretty easy to take out so that is my next move. Funny that neither remotes worked at all and then one day the one remote unlocked the door right before the key was not able to do it.

Quick Reply: Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!