General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LR 2001 Discovery SE With Multiple Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR 2001 Discovery SE With Multiple Problems

My Land Rover seems to be having multiple simultaneous problems . My heat and air conditioning do not work. When I turned on the system - it shows pf and I cannot remember if it did that before. The front and rear defrost seem to work as far as heat, but the blower is not blowing the heat out.

The Traction Control, ABS, and hill incline warning lights are all lit and stay lit. I checked the owner's manual, but it only states that when this happens you should drive cautiously and contact a qualified professional.

And as if that wasn't enough, this evening when I arrived home after work - I noticed that my sunroof did not automatically close when I removed the key from the ignition. Prior to now, it always closed automatically. I am afraid repairs will be more than the car is worth.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problems and cost of repair?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: LR 2001 Discovery SE With Multiple Problems

Have you recently removed or had a dead battery?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

Hello Disco Mike,

No, I haven't recently removed or hada dead battery. My curiosity is sparked now. Why do you ask? I guess if it isn't relevant then it doesn't really matter. I did have to get a jump once but that was after I left the interior light on all night and it was over a year ago.

More info: The trio of lights came on whenI applied a great deal of pressure to the breakswhile late breaking. My heat went from being really super hot to nothing. The heat/ac issue happened once before but then it worked the next day. That is not the case now since it has been out fora week straight. It is getting cold so I will have to fix this issue pronto.

Thanks,
nrbbnb

Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

only thing i can think of is check all the fuses and relays

Old 01-21-2008, 04:45 PM
7th Gear

The heating issuse sounds like a coolent temp sensor/ thermostat. I would start there as they are fairly cheap, and somehing you can do yourself.

The HD/ TC/ ABS light being on could be a wheel speed sensor or an ABS Modualtor/ Shuttle Valve issue. As they are common...
If you have excessive play in wheels bearings, ocasionally this will cause the lights as well. As the ABS sensor can not rear correctly.

I wuold bet on Speed sensor 1st, as again, its fairly cheap, and you can do it in a couple of hours. Be aware, there is a TSB which replaces the whole "overlay" harness. Which generally fixes the concern a little better then just the sensor.

Per the TSB, its 1.2 hours labor. (Warr time)