LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 HSE LR4's 2nd Fuel pump replacement in less than 6 months??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 11:18 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 HSE LR4's 2nd Fuel pump replacement in less than 6 months??

Hello everyone, hope you're having a nice day!

As mentioned above our (Petrol-Engine) LR4 had a new (Original) fuel pump and filter fitted to it less than 6 months ago (Costed us 700$ with fitting) and it's already starting to fail on me and stopping the car in the meddle of the road blocking other cars (And that's NOT acceptable) and the mechanic in our local Land Rover agency said "It's due to the Unleaded gasoline which is causing the pump to heat up when there's a small amount of it".

And unleaded fuel is the only fuel we have here where I live (in Yemen) thanks to the naval blockade Saudi Arabia's having on us.

Also, the pump starts failing under some certain conditions, like, if the tank has only 20 liters or less and I get stuck in a traffic jam or I use the car for more than 2 hours nonstop (Adding 10 liters usually fixes the problem but for a short period of time).

Even if the tank is two thirds full, after 3 hours I start to notice coughs from the engine (Like it's about to shut down) and I'd have to park and let the pump cool down for at least 15 mints (Been told by the mechanic). Sometimes I'm 10 miles away from my house and take 35 mints to get there.

And if you're gonna ask me why not keep the tank full? It's because 20 liters of gasoline costs almost 45$, sometimes 55$ and that's too much.

The car runs fine when I start it first thing in the morning and use it for a near-by errands, regardless of how much fuel I have in the tank.

Now, I'll need your expert opinion on the theory that says "Overheating fuel pump due to Unleaded and small amount-ness of fuel" is true and that Land Rover didn't put unleaded fuel in mind when they designed the fuel pump.

PLEASE!! Forgive my poor English and grammar mistakes (I'm Arabian) and thank you in advance.

P.S I've written this problem on landroverworld.org and didn't get a satisfying answer and was hoping you guys would provide me with one.