General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird...'03 HSE Stuck in Accesory Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:54 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird...'03 HSE Stuck in Accesory Mode?

Gang need a little insight on what is going on with my HSE before hauling it to the dealer in the AM. Yesterday as my wife and I returned to our hotel and parked I was surprised when I took the key out to see that the HVAC, Lights, OBC and windows were still all on... I tried to turn the key to turn the truck back on but it would not budge. Key comes out but of course will not activate doors as the ignition appears to be in accesory mode... We are on the road in Wichita, KS (no LR dealer) so I called a local Subaru dealer that works on LR and they are going to try to work us in... Yesterday I unplugged the battery... This morning when I plugged the battery back in sure enough no issues. Turned the key/engine over a couple of times no issues... For peace of mind I ran down the highway a bit no issues. Back to the hotel parking lot and same issue -- stuck in accesory mode... What am I dealing with here? Bad ignition? Faulty key? Prices? To add insult to injury just had the annual service done with extras for over $ 1,800... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hunter
delayed on the Great Plains...