Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by expatbrit
Yes, but it's a VERY limited range of accessories. You'll have to ask your dealer what's on it, as it appears to change on a regular basis as well -- I've never seen the compressor on that list. It's mostly external things.
This. If you look at the powerfuluk installation video it’s not a straightforward bolt on installation, so probably not something they’d do at VPC.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by micmcm
Just an FYI, as I learned when I picked up my 2021 110 HSE on March 26 in Georgia: No matter what Pack or Accessory you include in your build, none of them are arriving at port with those Packs/Accessories installed or even thrown in the rear trunkspace-- because they told me that LR has a shortage of both the Packs/Accessories + the maker of same has shortage of the pieces that go into each. Example: my build included the below
  • Luxury Carpet Mats -----> no one has
  • Urban Pack
    • Front Undershield ----> no one has
    • Bright Rear ScuffPlate----> no one has
  • Front Classic Mudflaps------>no one has
  • Rear Classic Mudflaps ----->no one has
  • Fixed Side Steps-----> no one has

So these items basically are listed on the build, but final sale showed them off to the side, not included in final price/financing. It shows them Backordered-- so I was told just to wait till they arrive and then leave car w them to have all done at same time.
Just an FYI ....

I ordered and received my front undershield from PowerfulUK.com. And they shipped it directly to my house in the U.S.

I paid a bit of a premium, but think for all the work they have done to share information videos, they earned it. I just checked and they still offer the front undershield -- and it is not sold out. The install was not risky. No cutting up of existing pieces is necessary.

I have purchased a bunch of JLR and OEM parts for my LR4 from other dealers and websites where discounts are given, and my dealer has been very fine to use them -- no complaints. They have a parts mark up policy which results in their being double the cost of some other e-enabled JLR dealers. They are happy to have the part supplied, keeps their techs busy at what I continue to view as their high labor rates. (To be fair, my mind is wedded to rates a third of what is charged these days.)

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 05-06-2021 at 02:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Juancl (05-06-2021)
Old 05-07-2021, 03:27 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
This. If you look at the powerfuluk installation video it’s not a straightforward bolt on installation, so probably not something they’d do at VPC.
The funny thing is, my dealer said they've only installed 1 air compressor themselves. I watched that powerfuluk installation video and decided I didn't want anyone tearing apart the back of the vehicle for that installation. But when reading this thread and learning the port of entry installs extras all the time, I figured maybe they were more experienced. I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the dealer do it since I don't want to try it and screw it up.

Old 05-08-2021, 05:52 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by John McGuinness
I ordered my 90 on 3/13 with a build date of 4/30 and a delivery of 6/25 - still no updated status.
BTW...what's with Friday build days? My dealer rep just told me mine is scheduled to be built on Friday, June 11th. I thought it was bad luck to get a car built on a Friday...unless that's the only day they're building them.

Also, that's 55 days from order to build...seems like a longer time than most people by about 3 weeks.

Old 05-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Rock Crawling

@expatbrit the Traviata is half way there, our cars probably sipping Margaritas!

The following 2 users liked this post by Juancl:
bobbyz95 (05-23-2021), expatbrit (05-08-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 07:52 PM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
BTW...what's with Friday build days? My dealer rep just told me mine is scheduled to be built on Friday, June 11th. I thought it was bad luck to get a car built on a Friday...unless that's the only day they're building them.

Also, that's 55 days from order to build...seems like a longer time than most people by about 3 weeks.
friday is the week. They’re not all built Friday; mine has a Friday build date but was built in a Wednesday

Old 05-10-2021, 06:50 PM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Received word today that mine was built on 4/29(Thursday), shipping still TBD, but looks on schedule for mid to late June

Old 05-12-2021, 10:04 AM
Mudding
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I guess the Traviata is just outside Oxnard now. Good times; guess next week is very real now!

The following 2 users liked this post by expatbrit:
bobbyz95 (05-23-2021), Juancl (05-12-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by expatbrit
I guess the Traviata is just outside Oxnard now. Good times; guess next week is very real now!

Ha! Also glued to that tracking screen today. Funny thing is even if gets in early I won’t be picking it up until 6/2...

The following users liked this post:
bobbyz95 (05-23-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 12:29 PM
Rock Crawling

And the Traviata is moored at port now.

Quick Reply: 2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting