Sponsored by:

2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
And the Traviata is moored at port now.
Where in South Florida are you at? I am originally from Naples. I see that the LR Naples is asking above MSRP...not surprised at all...

Old 05-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Where in South Florida are you at? I am originally from Naples. I see that the LR Naples is asking above MSRP...not surprised at all...
I am in the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area. Above MSRP is the name of the game here. You actually see more and more Defenders rolling around here now, so seems like they definitely are a sales hit, which coupled with limited supply/availability definitely explains their ability to price above MSRP.

Old 05-15-2021, 01:19 PM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Question Follow a Build?

Just joined.

22MY 110 SE 400PS
Santorini Black

I know we can track the ship once it's on the way but can we track the build as it progresses in the plant?

Last Amendment date: 4/14/21
Build date: 5/14/21
Delivery date: 7/9/21

Thanks,
WNelson

Old 05-15-2021, 02:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

WMN -- if you get the VIN from your dealer, some people have been able to get additional detail on the Land Rover TOPIx site. In my case, however, I only see acknowledgement of the vehicle and not much else. My build date was 4/27, and I imagine it must be completed by now so I'm not sure why it works from some and not others (like me). Nonetheless -- get your VIN and you may have better luck than me

The website is: https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/

I created an "Independent Operator" account.

Good luck!
RedAustinIX

Old 05-15-2021, 03:37 PM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Default Build

Tnx!

I think my issue is getting the VIN from my dealer. I asked them earlier today about following the build and was told that when it was complete they would tell me how to follow the ship.

Not sure why some seem to be so secretive.

WN

Old 05-18-2021, 11:01 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drcoop
ATX Defender-

I remember you showing your build date of 4/30/21. Any news? I'm wondering if that date means "built by" (assuming the building probably starts a few days before) or "built on" (meaning everything happens on that day). Supposedly a VIN is assigned upon build completion.

My "built" date is next Friday...

Hopefully you'll get an update from your dealer's tracking system, if you haven't already.

Cheers from Arkansas!
I haven't gotten any updates or any kind of link to a tracking system from the dealer so I reached out the other day. He said we are still on schedule for a 6/25 delivery. He said new orders placed today have a delivery date of November/December so I'm glad I ordered when I did! I asked when it actually got built and he said no way to know exactly - lots of shortages during the build process with chips, etc. And he said the VIN doesn't get assigned until it arrives at port. So, not very helpful but bottom line is they are saying it's still on schedule. We shall see.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:44 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling

Right...on the order form the Last Amendment Possible date is 4/14/21 and the Build Date is 5/14/21.

Yesterday, 17 May, I contacted U.S. LR Customer Service with a question about being able to follow the build through the plant, noting I knew I could follow the ship once the truck is on the ship but would love to follow its build progress.

The reply from Patricia Clarke confirmed my truck was built and was being loaded onto a ship "imminently".

I got an email from my dealer rep that indeed it "...
has been moved from the plant to the shipping(Nitra compound)...". But no indication how soon it would be loaded.

So, I've concluded the Build Date is the (promised) date a vehicle will be completed. (yes, I am aware of the dangers of assuming.)

Today, my sales rep sent me the VIN. So now I hope to be able to monitor it's trek across the Atlantic.

BTW: my Order Date was 3/14/21. So it seems there's one month between the order being input into the system and the last date to make changes. However, my sale rep did tell me that some changes can be made later.

I had told him the new U.S. build site for 22MY did include the air compressor. This item has been a bugaboo since the start and the reason I ordered my truck instead of purchasing one already in the U.S. Apparently no one but I thought the compressor was a good idea, because they could not find one for sale. Then, once the order was placed and the last amendment date passed, I was told the compressor was not available.

The compressor may be an install option at the destination port but doesn't seem to be available at this time???

Much of this process has been confusing. I know COVID and chip shortages haven't helped, but still!

Hope this helps,
WMN

22MY 110 SE
Santorini Black
P400

Last edited by WMN; 05-18-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:48 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been told the air compressor gets installed at the dealer. No indication whether they'll have one available to install when the vehicle arrives though...

Old 05-18-2021, 11:54 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

The air compressor is not available as a port install. You can try and order the part yourself and install or order and have dealer install, or your dealer might have the part in stock and they can install. I believe the part number is VPLES0617

Old 05-18-2021, 12:03 PM
WMN
Three Wheeling

Tnx, RedAustinIX!

Just got my VIN so will check it out.

The order form said the Build date was 5/14/2021 and I've been told it's at the Nitro port. So I guess the build date was 'real'.

WMN
22MY 110 SE
Santorini Black

Quick Reply: 2021 Defender factory order timeline reporting