Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Land Rover Defender Non-Refundable Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 03:27 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MNDefender
Clubguy- did you order from Minneapolis JLR (Luther Group) or Richfield JLR (Morries Group)? I ordered from Richfield, they’re new and not super knowledgeable but pretty easy to work with so far. As long as you do you’re homework and know what you want you should be ok with them.

I’m pretty sure my $5k deposit is refundable if I change my mind.
I got the quote from JLR Luther Minneapolis. He did tell me he would give me $2,000 off of MSRP due to some family members of mine working for Luther at another dealer. I'm wondering what discount off MSRP you got from Morries. Since I've been tied to Luther for a long time, I've never considered Morries, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy from them for this vehicle.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by todkavonic
Sounds like this is dealer-dependent. My dealer asked for $2000 down. It’s refundable per the emailed receipt I received.

As far as negotiating with the dealership once it arrives, I ordered the exact Defender I wanted through the build tool. I think it’s presumed that I won’t be trying to fanagle a better price and that they won’t be tacking on extra charges.

Nate
Nate,
There are hidden fees in the Bill of Sale that you'll want to be aware of. See this video entitled "7 Car Dealership Rip Offs You Should Never Pay For"

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+Never+Pay+For

The following users liked this post:
todkavonic (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by tictalk67
I did not need to put down a deposit. Ordered MY 21 October,ETA was 1/15/21. Updated ETA, 1/8/21
Which dealer?

Old 12-20-2020, 04:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Morries wouldn’t negotiate the price of the Defender but I negotiated $2k more for my trade in.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
Has anyone ordered a 2021 Land Rover Defender and been told by their local dealer that they will place the order but you'll need to put down a non-refundable deposit of $5,000? If this is the case, there will be no negotiating with the dealer once the vehicle arrives.
Yeah it’s all dealer dependent. One dealer I used was $1000 and another local one was $1500. Both refundable. They said they’d have no problem selling it if I changed my mind. Also - not sure what dealer is negotiating MSRPs right now because they’re selling faster than they’re getting them. Good luck with that.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Winching
Received 245 Likes on 173 Posts

Land Rover of Portland is asking for 10% down to factory order. I sent an email the other day to the sales guy I have been working with. I asked three questions. He did not reply to the one regarding putting less money down. I though 10% was pretty high to be committed to a vehicle they are selling at full price.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Bdcrosswhite
Yeah it’s all dealer dependent. One dealer I used was $1000 and another local one was $1500. Both refundable. They said they’d have no problem selling it if I changed my mind. Also - not sure what dealer is negotiating MSRPs right now because they’re selling faster than they’re getting them. Good luck with that.
They don't seem to be selling fast here at all. I've driven by several times and checked their website and the same models are sitting around.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
They don't seem to be selling fast here at all. I've driven by several times and checked their website and the same models are sitting around.
Where are you? Colorado they can’t get them off the truck before they’re gone. At all three dealers in the state.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

MN. There’s currently 39 for sale. The higher spec HSE models seem to be selling quicker. They flew off the lot over the summer but inventory is piling I now.

Winter hasn’t hit us yet, no snow on the ground. I anticipate them selling better once we actually get a sizeable snow storm.

Last edited by MNDefender; 12-20-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Bdcrosswhite
Where are you? Colorado they can’t get them off the truck before they’re gone. At all three dealers in the state.
I'm in the Twin Cities.

Quick Reply: 2021 Land Rover Defender Non-Refundable Deposit