2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 07:42 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 22 for Order Yet?

Originally Posted by driccio
Hi everyone,

I ordered a ‘21 Defender X-Dynamic HSE last week, with specific trim and options that I wanted. The only hold on this was my credit app for financing which ultimately got approved yesterday. My dealership then called me to inform me of approval and to then let me know that they “got a call from LR Corporate” to inform all US dealerships that orders being placed from this day on will be designated as 2022 models.

They then said that the only difference will be a mid June delivery date instead of a late May date. I’m fine with that to get a newer model, but that being said I’m a little worried if trim, packs and options are affected. I sat down for over an hour, ordering and making sure they submitted specific options and trims that I want for this car. Will these be affected on the ‘22 models? Do I need to make changes? The difference between ‘20 and ‘21 trim levels and standard options are somewhat big and that worries me for the ‘22 models as well.

I’m probably overacting as my dealer said not to worry and they’d let me know ASAP. But I want my order submitted now and I’m anxious to wait for ‘22 ordering details. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Or more information for ‘22 models.

Thank you! Ex

-Dave
Did you hear anything more on the arrival of yours? The website in the US won't let me order one yet.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:24 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a '22. Configurator is not live on the website yet, but apparently dealers have the options lists/can put orders in. Since I was doing a Defender X there was not much different between the years, so what we did was build a '21 on the configurator, then added the big screen for the '22 and submitted that. They are estimating July/August delivery.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts

Put my deposit down to order a '22 today, I was told it would be a four month wait. Then received a follow up email this afternoon asking if I would be willing to take the smaller screen if the larger screen was in short supply because it may mean even more of a delay. I said I'm willing to take delivery six months from today and I would think (hope) that would be enough time to cover any delays. The short answer is yes I'm willing to wait but probably not more than a month or two more. I have a lease to turn in six months from now, not sure if there would be any options to extend that a month or two if needed, this was my first lease. I was planning to lease a Defender but financing was so close in price it was obvious to me to just buy it. Added a 7-year 100k extended warranty and 4 years scheduled maint. Should get me through to at least the point where there's a little trade equity and if things go really well I'd like to hold on to it and pay it off.

The following users liked this post:
drcoop (03-21-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Mudding

I am going to hold out for the bigger screen too. I've got the dealer checking oh how to order the 2022.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:12 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

My husband and I put a deposit down on 2/15 for a MY21 110 X-D HSE but just finalized our MY22 build yesterday, after going back and forth several times with the dealer trying to get the new build details right.
Luckily we knew about the larger screen and the fact that the Clearsight mirror had changed from a standard item to an option, since the dealer didn't even mention those items when they sent back our first updated MY22 build order.

We listed the specific changes we wanted but they kept sending over new slightly modified order sheets that still weren't exactly right, so we ended up putting together a spreadsheet listing all of the specifications we wanted along with all of the corresponding item order codes we could find from the MY2022 price list shared in this forum along with the Canada price list and LR UK website information to fill in the gaps.
Even though they still failed to include the front and rear classic mudflaps and the locking lug nuts we wanted, we weren't that attached to those items and since everything else was finally correct we signed the build order and we have now officially started the wait for a July delivery. For anyone who might want to use this approach to help their order process, I've attached our spec spreadsheet (minus the mudflaps and locking lug nuts).
New Dates:
Last Amendment Possible: 4/14
Build Date: 5/14
Delivery Date: 7/2
Planned Handover: 8/27 (but the dealer said that this was "worst case" and that the handover will most likely be in July)

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
X_Dynamic_HSE.xlsx (12.1 KB, 71 views)
clubguy (04-13-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts

Sounds like I did the same thing as you did AliP, I put it all into a spreadsheet. It's unfortunate the online builder for 2022 wasn't ready yet but I think I got it right. Accessories were not in the order guide I was sent but my salesman added them in for me.

bobbyz95 (03-31-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 01:27 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Clearsight mirror
hmm, have they decided they are trying to wean people off of these? have they been receiving complaints about them?

Old 03-21-2021, 04:32 PM
Mudding

Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet. One thing I noticed was the option for privacy glass. Is there a cost for that? I don't see that as an option on the landroverusa.com site.

Old 03-21-2021, 04:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts
Default InControl Remote Climate control/remote engine start - option or standard?

In the US and just paid deposit on a MY22 110 P400 XD-SE with order being placed tomorrow! :0
Dealer says they'll give me delivery estimate tomorrow, but to "expect 4 months".

Thanks to everyone's help and sharing your spreadsheets. I've built my own to make sure they get everything ordered just the way I want it.

I'm sure I'll have many questions for you experts, and here's one:
Can't really find a clear answer as to whether the ability to use the InControl iOS app on my phone will allow me to start the engine and pre-heat or pre-cool the vehicle? Is this a standard item or an option. If option, anyone know what code for my order sheet? Currently I see a line item that says "022LA - LESS Cabin Pre-conditioning" but elsewhere it lists "Online Pack w/ Data Plan" and "ICR -INControl remote". Huh?

Old 03-21-2021, 04:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
hmm, have they decided they are trying to wean people off of these? have they been receiving complaints about them?
My salesman said that the Clearsight mirror being offered standard for a couple years then a paid option in '22 was like a drug dealer offering free samples for a couple years then starting to charge you.

eelpout (03-22-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now