Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 11:11 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by maxmk8
Livermore wanted mark up. Stevens creek didn’t even take a deposit for sticker.

I have no idea about allocations as stevens creek told me no one got any in December (US wide) and they are waiting on Jan now.
Dealers in Southern California ARE getting Defenders in December. Local dealer has 4 December received
on their lot, albeit all low option S models. Dealers tell you whatever they can think of to dissuade you from looking elsewhere. In MOST cases I wouldn't believe a sales rep eve if their tongue were notarized as the TV judge says. https://www.carlsbadlandrover.com/ne...cles/defender/

Old 12-11-2021, 11:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Dealers in Southern California ARE getting Defenders in December. Local dealer has 4 December received
on their lot, albeit all low option S models. Dealers tell you whatever they can think of to dissuade you from looking elsewhere. In MOST cases I wouldn't believe a sales rep eve if their tongue were notarized as the TV judge says. https://www.carlsbadlandrover.com/ne...cles/defender/
Allocations for Defenders were not open in December. Does not mean they won't receive any that had been previously ordered..

Goodness gracious.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
I’m talking special order as that seems to be the only way to avoid overpaying . Sure you can walk in and pay 10-20k over sticker. But we’re referring to build allocations not physical random defenders that show up at dealers

Old 12-11-2021, 11:47 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The defenders coming to dealers are all early July allocations built in November

Old 12-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

To pick up on some prior posts, my 110 with air suspension is more than up the challenge of our Bay Area roads - the ride is excellent, it is easily as good as my L322 Range Rover. The caveat is your car will almost certainly get delivered with your tire load set to normal and the tires themselves at close to 50 PSI (mine was and every one I test drove was). Dropping your pressures to light load pressures (remember to adjust the TPMS setting) makes a significant difference.

And another shout out to Land Rover Stevens Creek. No games, matched my best Vroom/Carvana on my trade, and sold to me at MSRP. Kevin Lien was my sales rep, and I recommend him highly.

Last edited by swajames; 12-11-2021 at 01:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bobbyz95 (01-14-2022)
Old 12-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by swajames
To pick up on some prior posts, my 110 with air suspension is more than up the challenge of our Bay Area roads - the ride is excellent, it is easily as good as my L322 Range Rover. The caveat is your car will almost certainly get delivered with your tire load set to normal and the tires themselves at close to 50 PSI (mine was and every one I test drove was). Dropping your pressures to light load pressures (remember to adjust the TPMS setting) makes a significant difference.

And another shout out to Land Rover Stevens Creek. No games, matched my best Vroom/Carvana on my trade, and sold to me at MSRP. Kevin Lien was my sales rep, and I recommend him highly.
I have never seen a car with pressures this high. Why does the defender call for such high psi ? I seem to remember seeing 45+ on the door sticker

Old 12-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Mudding

I have never seen a car with pressures this high. Why does the defender call for such high psi ? I seem to remember seeing 45+ on the door sticker
found my own answer light load is 34 front 37 rear seems far more appropriate than the heavy load 46/49 recommendation

Old 12-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Rock Crawling

The Land Rover “normal load” recommended pressures for a 110 with 20” wheels is 47 front and 50 rear. That drops to 34/37 for light load (up to three people).

Old 12-11-2021, 02:10 PM
Rock Crawling

found my own answer light load is 34 front 37 rear seems far more appropriate than the heavy load 46/49 recommendation
Depends on the tire sizes, but yes they are higher than you might expect. You can see why adjusting to light load really improves the ride.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Mudding
Received 96 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames

Thanks! I may give him a ring. Livermore did want a massive markup initially, $25k... nearly laughed my head off and walked away. Down to a few thousand now, but was going to continue dinging it down to exactly $0. Good to know about tire pressure as well.

The only concern I have left is reliability based on the user reviews on Edmunds. Not so great reviews, but I know people only tend to post only when there are issues. I hope the MY2023 is shaping to be better. On the other hand Tesla reliability has been spotty as well, with multiple trips to the service center since 2019. Panoramic glass roof hasn't flown off yet though.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now