2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 08:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has finally arrived as well. Ordered in March built in June, so it's taken a long time. We can't pick it up until Tuesday but I'm happy to finally see it person. We managed to the the larger screen and everything else on the build sheet as far as I can see.

The following 4 users liked this post by Ian95rrc:
Ace7711 (08-27-2021), bobbyz95 (08-26-2021), GavinC (08-27-2021), Simon14 (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 03:07 AM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian95rrc

Mine has finally arrived as well. Ordered in March built in June, so it's taken a long time. We can't pick it up until Tuesday but I'm happy to finally see it person. We managed to the the larger screen and everything else on the build sheet as far as I can see.
WOW great Defender, just like the one I ordered (only I have 19" black rims). BUT wow 3 month from order to build and another 2 moth until delivery to the US.
That is quick. I ordered July and still only info is "predicted delivery Q1 2022" no update from dealer. :-(

Have lots of fun with it, such a great looking car or as you say truck... :-)

Old 08-27-2021, 07:17 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Did your truck appear on the dealer's website even though you ordered it? Mine is suppose to be handed over to me in the next few days but the listing on the website is wrong. I have the VIN number so I know which one it is, but the listing must be a generic one because my extras are not there. I'm hoping for the 11.4 inch screen and adaptive cruise.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:54 AM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
Did your truck appear on the dealer's website even though you ordered it? Mine is suppose to be handed over to me in the next few days but the listing on the website is wrong. I have the VIN number so I know which one it is, but the listing must be a generic one because my extras are not there. I'm hoping for the 11.4 inch screen and adaptive cruise.
I think they do this as standard procedure - enter all cars in inventory which makes it show up online. So the dealer probably must not be making the effort to enter all the details.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:40 AM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by clubguy
Mine JUST appeared this morning, but currently only on the dealer website and not on the Land Rover inventory site. At first I swear it was a pretty stock listing but now if I click on "Details", everything is listed, so maybe it just takes time to get everything updated? My mid-July build appears to have gotten the adaptive cruise. No 11.4 inch screen unfortunately, but I knew that when I ordered.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:49 AM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Great points from both of you.

I forgot about the taillight recall, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

Can anyone confirm if they do the port install accessories at the local port your defender is delivered to or in South Hampton? I saw someone said South Hampton, which made sense to me. My sales rep said the local port which makes less sense to me but at this point I feel like his accurateness has been in the 60/40 range. Now if they do have some sort of techs that install at all delivery ports that makes some sense to replace the tail lights....
I stand corrected, I ASSUMED it was Long Beach. Called the LB port and indeed the car is at Hueneme. The Hueneme port admin was very helpful and directed me to the logistics company that processes LR cars but they directed me back to the dealership stating that LR has instructed them to only talk to the dealerships. Back to square one!

Old 08-27-2021, 10:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

What a great build! Mine is identical but in Pangea green. Mine enters production next week as of yesterday.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:07 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Inidie
I stand corrected, I ASSUMED it was Long Beach. Called the LB port and indeed the car is at Hueneme. The Hueneme port admin was very helpful and directed me to the logistics company that processes LR cars but they directed me back to the dealership stating that LR has instructed them to only talk to the dealerships. Back to square one!
Did you order a Defender X? It would make sense due to the tail light recall. Surprised your dealer would not inform you of that. There is supposedly a fix now though instead of an indefinite hold/wait.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Fens
Mine JUST appeared this morning, but currently only on the dealer website and not on the Land Rover inventory site. At first I swear it was a pretty stock listing but now if I click on "Details", everything is listed, so maybe it just takes time to get everything updated? My mid-July build appears to have gotten the adaptive cruise. No 11.4 inch screen unfortunately, but I knew that when I ordered.
My dealer said my sep 17 build is still on track with 11 in screen, hud, etc. If they skimp on any of my items I will walk.

Old 08-27-2021, 06:17 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Did you order a Defender X? It would make sense due to the tail light recall. Surprised your dealer would not inform you of that. There is supposedly a fix now though instead of an indefinite hold/wait.
It's an HSE. I'm seeing other local dealerships get their deliveries (been religiously checking the LRNA inventory website and put my name in at every dealership in case I needed to walk). My sales agent told me this morning that they are just waiting on transport and could be any day now. I'll pick up the car myself at this rate.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now