Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 09:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Couriki125
Got word the new Defender is at the dealer ready for pickup - naturally, paid for it and filled out all the paperwork necessary, but the dealer "forgot" about a certificate of origin needed to register the car, so turns out I can't pick up the car (yet). Aside from the fact that its mind blowing that a JLR dealership regularly selling foreign imported cars somehow FORGOT about a form required for registration, any idea how long it takes to get one of these? Presumably this is coming from the UK.
I expect the sales person was expecting the customs broker, JLR N.A. and JLR U.K. would have jointly already completed all the customs clearance formalities (which requires the certificate of origin). Maybe the global shipping backlog is creating a synchronization / timing challenge?

In any case, not to worry -- the task will be completed and the dealer will release the car to you. They desire that as much as you do.

Enjoy!

Old 11-09-2021, 09:54 AM
Overlanding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
I expect the sales person was expecting the customs broker, JLR N.A. and JLR U.K. would have jointly already completed all the customs clearance formalities (which requires the certificate of origin). Maybe the global shipping backlog is creating a synchronization / timing challenge?

In any case, not to worry -- the task will be completed and the dealer will release the car to you. They desire that as much as you do.

Enjoy!
Oh absolutely, and thanks for the update. Not really sure what happened here but was just wondering if anyone's encountered something similar. Seems odd the two would not come together, but then again, I know nothing about the business of car importing.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Mudding
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

I was able to pick up my FY2022 110 SE last Thursday, Nov 4th! I ordered it May 17th and it had an original delivery date of 11/12. My dealer said about a month ago it had been updated to 11/5, but then call me on 11/3 and said it was at the dealer and ready to be picked up the next day if I wanted. So I went in after work and did the deal!

Its a 110 SE as mentioned, with the 11.2" screen, off-road and tow packs. I left off clearsite mirror, head up, and some other things so I'm thinking that may have helped it get built and not delayed. I'm very excited to have it and will post some pictures soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by Eitan:
Ace7711 (11-10-2021), Simon14 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Drifting
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eitan
I was able to pick up my FY2022 110 SE last Thursday, Nov 4th! I ordered it May 17th and it had an original delivery date of 11/12. My dealer said about a month ago it had been updated to 11/5, but then call me on 11/3 and said it was at the dealer and ready to be picked up the next day if I wanted. So I went in after work and did the deal!

Its a 110 SE as mentioned, with the 11.2" screen, off-road and tow packs. I left off clearsite mirror, head up, and some other things so I'm thinking that may have helped it get built and not delayed. I'm very excited to have it and will post some pictures soon.
gratulations can I ask when did you get the notice of the original delivery date? I’m still waiting for mine and since order date 4 month habe past without any notice.
I on the ofher hand have the clearsite mirror.. hmm

Old 11-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Ace7711
gratulations can I ask when did you get the notice of the original delivery date? I’m still waiting for mine and since order date 4 month habe past without any notice.
I on the ofher hand have the clearsite mirror.. hmm
I had the original planned delivery date when I placed the order. When it got confirmed and the VIN assigned, it remained the same.

The following users liked this post:
Ace7711 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 08:51 AM
Overlanding
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default lucky you lol

I'm 1700km from the most isolated capital city in the world. Ordered mine in March... Still waiting... Probably Feb '22.
I must say I've found this forum helpful for far much longer.

Eitan (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 08:56 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by AustralianIdoma
I'm 1700km from the most isolated capital city in the world. Ordered mine in March... Still waiting... Probably Feb '22.
I must say I've found this forum helpful for far much longer.
Damn man, I hope it comes through for you soon! I wonder if they have country limits for vehicle allocation. Also, is the country you're in right-hand drive?

Old 11-11-2021, 09:15 AM
Overlanding
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn man, I hope it comes through for you soon! I wonder if they have country limits for vehicle allocation. Also, is the country you're in right-hand drive?
Thanks bro.
Nope, Australia!
It's a sentimental purchase cos I grew up in one in the 80s. The dealer was actually amazed at my patience but then again I've been waiting for the bloody thing since 2016... Or was it 2013 when they showed the prototype on a beach???
To be honest I can't wait. I live in the outback and I have every intention of taking it places. To give you an idea, the most expensive acc is a roobar for AUD8K... blame our luxury car tax.

GavinC (11-15-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Location: Summer in Upstate NY, Winter in South Florida, Spring and Fall in Kentucky
Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

My scheduled build date is tomorrow 11/12.

lol … questions questions

1) Is that the start of build or completion of build?
2) If its not completion of build, how long does it usually take to complete a build?
3) Is there an update in the system that shows build completed?
4) When in the process is the Vin # available?

Old 11-11-2021, 03:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 DAVE
My scheduled build date is tomorrow 11/12.

lol … questions questions

1) Is that the start of build or completion of build?
2) If its not completion of build, how long does it usually take to complete a build?
3) Is there an update in the system that shows build completed?
4) When in the process is the Vin # available?
Based on how it went down for me:

1. Completion. But can still drag out or get rescheduled if parts are not available.
​​​​​
​​​​​​2. n/a

3. "Built" field will continue to show 11/12 if it was actually built or will get pushed out if not. May take a couple days to update if it got pushed. Mine had a build date that did not happen and we didn't know for about 5 days when that date just changed to a future date.

4. Mine was 2 days after the actual final build date.

4x4 DAVE (11-11-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now