Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 02:48 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahparke
Thats awful news... Sorry to hear that.

That is pretty strange since it seems plenty of larger screen orders are coming in to dealers now.
Agreed. I don't know if i hit the proverbial sweet spot on the orders though and now am getting phased back due to the larger screen demand. What's very confusing is that I dont understand how they can understand their build allocation and assign a build /delievery date and then miss the build date by over a month.

My wife thinks I am crazy for sticking around.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Agreed. I don't know if i hit the proverbial sweet spot on the orders though and now am getting phased back due to the larger screen demand. What's very confusing is that I dont understand how they can understand their build allocation and assign a build /delievery date and then miss the build date by over a month.

Edited my last post.. but yeah definitely worth exploring more options.

My friends family owns a car dealership and its relatively easy for them to work with other dealers to bring cars in. But i'm not sure if that applies with this crazy demand.

Last edited by Ahparke; 06-17-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:37 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi - Looking to factory order a Defender. Is there a dealer build order guide I can reference? Im aware of the build tool on the website. Im looking for something akin to the order guides that you can find for BMWs, MBs, Porsches etc... Im sure there is one for LR as well?

Old 06-17-2021, 03:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

No, not to the general Joe public. You need to create one online thru their build app/website. Then work with the dealer to convert it into a Purchase order. They have a different on-line build tool in their Dealership that doesn't relate much with the on-line system. The tool in the dealership is the actual application that creates the vehicle build. Go thru that process to make sure you have what they want. When they are done with the PO make sure that you have the final/correct price of ALL options - both the accessory/option price WITH their dealer "labor" to put it on.

The following users liked this post:
friskyamg (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by friskyamg
Hi - Looking to factory order a Defender. Is there a dealer build order guide I can reference? Im aware of the build tool on the website. Im looking for something akin to the order guides that you can find for BMWs, MBs, Porsches etc... Im sure there is one for LR as well?
I am attaching the my22 new vehicle content, pricing, and order guide.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
22MY Share Defender.pdf (12.73 MB, 180 views)
Magnumforc (06-18-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 05:01 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@Moretti gets my HERO award! Super cool of you to post that. I unfortunately NEVER saw anything like that. Likely one of the reasons I'm now telling anyone who asks to go into the dealer to order the Defender.

While it doesn't directly help me I appreciate the community focus to post that.

bobbyz95 (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 05:07 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am attaching the my22 new vehicle content, pricing, and order guide.
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for... This is pretty standard in all the previous cars Ive factory ordered. Always good to get the exact option IDs so we get the build right. Also helps to see what the dealer is paying so we get a fair deal. :-)
Thank you!
f.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:00 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

We are better than most. I have a large assortment of car dealers in my area and love to walk the lots just to look. The lots of all cars are bare, with few available. Lots that had hundreds of cars now have a dozen or less, many versions that nobody probably wants. Ford in particular is in the crapper with deliveries....they have tens of thousands of F-150 pickups stored on lots waiting for chips that have not yet arrived and decided to complete the vehicles and then run them through the line again to install what is missing. Everyone is having chip fits!

GrouseK9 (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 03:02 PM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by driccio
Hi everyone,

I ordered a ‘21 Defender X-Dynamic HSE last week, with specific trim and options that I wanted. The only hold on this was my credit app for financing which ultimately got approved yesterday. My dealership then called me to inform me of approval and to then let me know that they “got a call from LR Corporate” to inform all US dealerships that orders being placed from this day on will be designated as 2022 models.

They then said that the only difference will be a mid June delivery date instead of a late May date. I’m fine with that to get a newer model, but that being said I’m a little worried if trim, packs and options are affected. I sat down for over an hour, ordering and making sure they submitted specific options and trims that I want for this car. Will these be affected on the ‘22 models? Do I need to make changes? The difference between ‘20 and ‘21 trim levels and standard options are somewhat big and that worries me for the ‘22 models as well.

I’m probably overacting as my dealer said not to worry and they’d let me know ASAP. But I want my order submitted now and I’m anxious to wait for ‘22 ordering details. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Or more information for ‘22 models.

Thank you!

-Dave
Did you look up your can in Topix? I just looked mine up and they have a thumbnail of a D90...not the 100. Wondering if that is just a thumbnail and nothing more.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

Yep, same here... I have a Silver D110 coming and it shows a blue D90. Topix isn't really helpful unless you pay for deeper access. I'm hoping that more information will be loaded once the car is processed through the dealer and I take delivery.

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now