Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 05:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MattEvan
My new 2022 110 S came in today and is now all mine!

Super thankful for this crazy used truck market, was able to net almost USD $5,000 on my 2020 110 S!
This is a twin of my order!

Which interior did you go with? Pics?

The following 2 users liked this post by heliochrome85:
drcoop (06-29-2021), MattEvan (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 05:46 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by heliochrome85
This is a twin of my order!

Which interior did you go with? Pics?
Acorn. I picked up an order that another customer abandoned because they changed their mind about getting steelies. Oh well, my gain.

The existing order was exactly how I would have built it, save for two options it’s missing: rear view mirror camera and the larger touchscreen. I feel less bad about the screen after seeing how awkward it looks over the crossbars, however.

Old 06-29-2021, 05:59 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Acorn. I picked up an order that another customer abandoned because they changed their mind about getting steelies. Oh well, my gain.

The existing order was exactly how I would have built it, save for two options it’s missing: rear view mirror camera and the larger touchscreen. I feel less bad about the screen after seeing how awkward it looks over the crossbars, however.
Did your 2020 have tons of issues or what made you swap to a 2022?

Old 06-29-2021, 06:07 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Moretti
Did your 2020 have tons of issues or what made you swap to a 2022?
No! Was quite content with the 20, save for the keyless entry antenna strength.

We wanted more and different options—chiefly third row seating and a better sound system. With the positive quote, it was an easy choice.

Truth be told, we fell madly in love with these trucks.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:08 PM
Winching

No! Was quite content with the 20, save for the keyless entry antenna strength.

We wanted more and different options—chiefly third row seating and a better sound system. With the positive quote, it was an easy choice.

Truth be told, we fell madly in love with these trucks.
So they paid you 5k over what you paid originally for your 2020?

Old 06-29-2021, 06:15 PM
Mudding

So they paid you 5k over what you paid originally for your 2020?
Not exactly. We lease. They paid 5K over the lease payoff total. Used car market is crazy right now, and JLR stores have no new vehicles to sell so many are all-in on CPO.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

Certainly looks like the P300S is now coming with leather seats instead of partial leather like the sheet says. Very interesting.

The following 2 users liked this post by heliochrome85:
drcoop (06-29-2021), MattEvan (06-29-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 06:21 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,402 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by drcoop
So for an update on my delayed delivery… The dealer found the source of coolant leak in the rear air unit evaporator (I think that must be behind that gray box in the left rear cargo area). Not sure how much damage they’ve done to my brand new vehicle digging around to find the coolant leak, Ugh! I just picture them popping off the dash and side panels, breaking clips and things not going back like they were new.

The service manager assures me he’s ordering the part first thing in the morning and promises they’ll be done quickly after it arrives. Who knows how quickly or even if a part like this can be located… at least it may not have a computer chip!

Part of me wants to decline a faulty new car out of frustration and disappointment, but I’ve sold my LR4, need a car, and can’t stand waiting another 4-6 months for the Defender I want….

The more patient side of me is thankful for how well the deal has gone up until now, how great my salesman has been and realize how frustrated the dealer is to have had Land Rover drop an imperfect unit on their lot to have to deal with.

Oh well, thanks for tolerating my rant!
Man, so sorry to hear that, but surely they’ll get it fixed shortly and in the long run this will be something you never have to think about again.

The following users liked this post:
drcoop (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 11:22 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

drcoop: That box in the cargo area covers the subwoofer for the Meridian system. I noted many of the base vehicles with a standard sound system don't have the box, nor a subwoofer. Saw the inside on one of the Powerful UK videos.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:46 PM
Winching

Last week I commented that my build was pushed back six weeks. With that delay the last date to change was moved to today. At the end of last week I tried to make some changes since I had that opportunity again. My sales rep is pretty bad at getting back to me. After four messages left for him he finally got back to me today and told me that since he last communicated with me last week, the build date got moved up three weeks and that the cut off date for changes also moved up three weeks. So good news bad news...its now a net 3 weeks late from the original time frame but I didnt get to make the changes...not really that big of a deal I suppose.
For anyone who enjoys misery my sales rep just let me know that my build got pushed back three weeks again but the cutoff for changes was last week... you know back when I tried to make changes and he told me the production had been moved up...its like Im in a very bad episode of black mirror...

The following users liked this post:
Ahparke (06-30-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now