2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Defender Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 10:12 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My 22 X-Dynamic SE is on a boat on its way. Only thing I’m jealous about here is the standard 11" display and standard black roof. I’m curious what the price adjustments will be.

Last edited by hoss_vw; 10-15-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:09 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Lots of Brits upset about price increases for '23. Their build and price is already live.

This is the 2023 D300 X-Dynamic HSE with no options or accessories (that trim will still be offered there).

That's $97201 USD.

​​​​​​
From my experience, you can't just do a direct currency conversion to get the cost in the US. More times than not, it is actually around the price of pounds, but just switching to dollars. So USD would be around $71-73K, which I don't know if that is significantly higher than MY22.

Usually, it is common for new MY to increase in price, we have already seen people say the same from MY21 - 22. However, in highly optioned builds, it may be cheaper with the new MY when options are bundled together as opposed to a la carte. For example, this happened to me when I ordered my MY21 Macan GTS vs. MY22. Spec for Spec, it was actually cheaper in MY22 than MY21. But that is also Porsche so not sure how accurately that would translate in this example. Either my dealer better know something fast on pricing or I may just need to flip a coin...

Also, can someone share details around the extended leather option? Is this already included in XD-HSE and X for MY22? Or is this a completely new thing for MY23?

Old 10-15-2021, 04:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,405 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
From my experience, you can't just do a direct currency conversion to get the cost in the US. More times than not, it is actually around the price of pounds, but just switching to dollars. So USD would be around $71-73K, which I don't know if that is significantly higher than MY22.
You are right that it's not a simple conversion at all. It just threw me a bit that my previously, if I remember correctly, $89k '22 build in a UK version would now be around $103k US in a '23 UK version.

Best I can tell the UK version gained a few standard features in HSE like sunroof, 14-way seats, and driver assist but they lost the very desirable matrix headlights that we can't have due to an arcane DOT standard.

All told, they seem to have been pushed up between £5k and £8k depending on trim and then they're giving you back half that in options that arguably don't cost them very much to include/sub.

Not necessarily an indication that this is what will happen here. They seem to be on a longer wait for builds and their used Defender prices have been on an almost daily move to insanity.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 10-15-2021 at 05:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jar897 (12-27-2022)
Old 10-15-2021, 07:00 AM
Drifting

You are right that it's not a simple conversion at all. It just threw me a bit that my previously, if I remember correctly, $89k '22 build in a UK version would now be around $103k US in a '23 UK version.

Best I can tell the UK version gained a few standard features in HSE like sunroof, 14-way seats, and driver assist but they lost the very desirable matrix headlights that we can't have due to an arcane DOT standard.

All told, they seem to have been pushed up between £5k and £8k depending on trim and then they're giving you back half that in options that arguably don't cost them very much to include/sub.

Not necessarily an indication that this is what will happen here. They seem to be on a longer wait for builds and their used Defender prices have been on an almost daily move to insanity.
I hear ya, and funny how they’re waiting longer for builds when their factory is down the street lol.

So I did check out the UK webpage where you linked is for 2023. However, it still shows XD-HSE. I thought that trim was removed for MY23?

Old 10-15-2021, 07:26 AM
Pro Wrench

I hear ya, and funny how they’re waiting longer for builds when their factory is down the street lol.

So I did check out the UK webpage where you linked is for 2023. However, it still shows XD-HSE. I thought that trim was removed for MY23?
In the US it is, yes.

In the UK it remains and they pushed it upmarket with more standard features at a price that's higher than what you would have paid to add them last year.
+ sunroof+ 14 way seats instead of 12
+ driver assist
- matrix headlights (now £650 option)
~new Resist pleather apparently not compatible with cold weather pack heated seats?
Also rumors that wireless CarPlay and Android Auto are now available but I didn't see it on the build.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:45 AM
Drifting

In the US it is, yes.

In the UK it remains and they pushed it upmarket with more standard features at a price that's higher than what you would have paid to add them last year.
+ sunroof+ 14 way seats instead of 12
+ driver assist
- matrix headlights (now £650 option)
~new Resist pleather apparently not compatible with cold weather pack heated seats?
Also rumors that wireless CarPlay and Android Auto are now available but I didn't see it on the build.
Ah thanks for the clarification! Call me odd, but the 18-way and wireless CarPlay are reasons for me to consider waiting for MY23 😂. I hope the price increase will not be $5K or that will be some expensive wireless CarPlay.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:07 AM
Pro Wrench

Ah thanks for the clarification! Call me odd, but the 18-way and wireless CarPlay are reasons for me to consider waiting for MY23 😂. I hope the price increase will not be $5K or that will be some expensive wireless CarPlay.
14 way was standard on US HSE and, hopefully, we can get wireless through an OTA upgrade. Supposedly, the hardware is there on the '22.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:59 AM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bakerman
Here's what's new for the 2023 Defender.

Also, it looks like if you have any 2022 Defenders in the holding pool, they'll be moved to 2023 model year. Call your sales guide once the 2023 build & price tool is up to make sure it's to your spec.

Hope this helps for anyone interested.
What's your source for MY22 Defenders in holding pool being moved to MY23 w/ a delivery date in March please? I have a call into my sales manager here in NY and in the meantime went to LR website and nothing there is different for builds...yet. TY

Last edited by joe11; 10-15-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:24 AM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Any indication as to when this actually goes live for US customers? Currently have a 90 order in the holding pool.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 147 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by bakerman
Yes, if it has not been slotted and is still in holding pool you will get yours sometime in March. They are no longer building 22's.

Edit: you should probably check with your sales guide, but most likely it will be built in January as a 2023 model.
wait what, didn't MY22 production just start in like July?

The following 3 users liked this post by Mcdooogs:
Chief65 (10-15-2021), splathead (10-15-2021), XCELLER8 (10-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 2023 Defender Order Guide