Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Row Passenger Door wont open

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 10:33 AM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry 2nd Row Passenger Door wont open

I have a 2020 Defender 110 SE. At school drop off this morning, my daughter tried to open the 2nd row passenger side door but it would not open as it was locked. I unlocked it, she still couldn't open, then I realized the child lock was on, I removed that and still she could not open the door. I got out and tried to open from the outside, still wouldn't open! I believe the door is stuck or jammed? I turned the car off and on and tried again, all the other doors are working but that one! I cannot get it to serviced until the 20th! I can't drop off my kids if the door wont open. I can't let them out on the other side as there are cars passing on the drivers side of the vehicle.

Any help?

The following 2 users liked this post by Ximy82:
AZRadRealtor (06-30-2023), fahadco80 (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ximy82
I have a 2020 Defender 110 SE. At school drop off this morning, my daughter tried to open the 2nd row passenger side door but it would not open as it was locked. I unlocked it, she still couldn't open, then I realized the child lock was on, I removed that and still she could not open the door. I got out and tried to open from the outside, still wouldn't open! I believe the door is stuck or jammed? I turned the car off and on and tried again, all the other doors are working but that one! I cannot get it to serviced until the 20th! I can't drop off my kids if the door wont open. I can't let them out on the other side as there are cars passing on the drivers side of the vehicle.

Any help?
Hi,

Did you figure out how to fix this issue, I have the 2022 SE and I am having the exact same issue multiple times.. and each time I takes it to the dealer it disappears, I have to video record the incident for them to believe me.

Please help if you already fixed it..

Regards

​​​​​​​Fahad

Old 06-22-2022, 07:48 PM
3rd Gear

Hi,

Did you figure out how to fix this issue, I have the 2022 110 SE P400 and I am having the exact same issue multiple times.. and each time I takes it to the dealer it disappears, I have to video record the incident for them to believe me.

Please help if you already fixed it..

Regards

Fahad

Old 06-23-2022, 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

There is a service bulletin on this -- JLRTB02052NAS1

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...80867-0001.pdf

My dealer is ordering the parts and they will replace the mis-sized ones, when they arrive.

I suggest you have the dealer share with you the measurements they take in performing the bulletin.

Enjoy !

Old 06-23-2022, 08:35 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
There is a service bulletin on this -- JLRTB02052NAS1

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...80867-0001.pdf

My dealer is ordering the parts and they will replace the mis-sized ones, when they arrive.

I suggest you have the dealer share with you the measurements they take in performing the bulletin.

Enjoy !
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I am having (and I am sure the OP) is totally different issue, it’s something relating to the locking mechanism, the handle itself doesn’t engage either from the inside and the outside, if it’s a sealing issue that surrounds the door, at least the engagement of the handle mechanism can be felt, but what we are having is a loose door handle.

Thanks a gain

FAHAD

The following users liked this post:
AZRadRealtor (06-30-2023)
Old 06-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Winching
Received 610 Likes on 290 Posts

I want to share my similar but different issue with the rear door in my ‘22 X Dynamic SE. Upon delivery in November’21, when I arrived home I discovered that when locking the vehicle all doors locked EXCEPT the drivers side rear door. The dealer fixed it the next day, was an actuator in the locking/unlocking mechanism. Others have reported theirs not unlocking, mine wouldn’t lock.