From powerful UK guy

Old 10-29-2020, 12:10 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any further progress?

Old 10-29-2020, 12:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 260 Likes on 138 Posts

Yes he got it loaded. It seemed the issue was the software was downloaded but could connect. He disconnected the battery and rebooted the whole car adn it worked. I had a similar issue with my Volvo V90. One of the first ones and when it loaded software it never took. The dealer had to disconnect the battery and once the car came back to life, it was perfect. never had an issue again.

The following users liked this post:
DonMitsu (10-30-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I got the update 2.0.3 on Oct 16 here in the US. Worked fine and no installation issues. It automatically installed behind the scenes with car in garage and locked. With the new update, I did lose favorites on Sirius and didn't seem to solve any of the various software issues I had been having, including disappearing Sirius or iphone connection .

Old 10-29-2020, 12:19 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was under the impression that disconnecting the battery was "risky"? Any trick to it? I got a notification that the car was downloading a new update and was at 40%, once I saw the notification it disappeared and now I can't find anything other updates on its status. Why don't these companies hire people from software development companies who know how to manage the update process? It's really not the mystery LR seems to make it.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 260 Likes on 138 Posts

give it some time to download. When you get into the car and turn it off, it will say would you like to update the new software. At least that is what UK saw. The only clue I can give about hiring software people is most top-notch software people are getting hired by Google and Amazon.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:05 PM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

My Defender downloaded and installed the latest software update on October 23 without me even noticing. After reading this and similar threads, I checked this morning and found this out. Either way, I don't notice anything different, and I've had no issues with infotainment or other systems.

DefenderSmitty (12-14-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 06:36 AM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosbest
I got the update 2.0.3 on Oct 16 here in the US. Worked fine and no installation issues. It automatically installed behind the scenes with car in garage and locked. With the new update, I did lose favorites on Sirius and didn't seem to solve any of the various software issues I had been having, including disappearing Sirius or iphone connection .
I am having the same issue. I cant believe there is no software fix for the satellite radio not working, which forces me to reset the unit and then I lose my favorites.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That is my biggest issue right now with the software - outside the freezing when car first starts. Sirius starts to play, stops, no longer is listed on audio source and then reappears again 20-30 seconds later and all is fine. Takes forever to load channels and enable to switch stations. This should be a fix that they had in the software already.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:21 PM
Winching
Received 558 Likes on 252 Posts

Captured the attached PDF in TOPIx, Given the release date of 10/5, I suspect this may be 2.0.4 we will all be receiving soon (some already have, see screen capture below from PowerfulUK's video), although it's hard to tell as there are no clear references to a specific software version on the release notes in TOPIx. Land Rover says major releases such as this one will be sent out in phases to each market area. Don't know how many of our problems it will address.

DefenderSmitty (12-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Annoying Software Update