Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot set up profile

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 07:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,127 Likes on 608 Posts

Hmm. 2 thoughts

1) Have you tried doing a factory reset ? (there's something in the pivi that resets everything). Might be worth it. There is no reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to create a new profile.

2) Is there an existing active profile (maybe from prior owner?) ?

Old 03-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried holding the power button if thats what you mean. As I said before car was at Dealership for 4 days. This is what they came up with that I need a data plan. I don't think I'd be able to have a valid incontrol account if another users profile was still registered. Remember my main problem is the car telling me I have no internet connection when I try to log on.

Last edited by Pjazz; 03-25-2024 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:53 PM
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in a similar situation to Pjazz (2020 Defender 110 - bought car 2 weeks ago). I'm able to logon to InControl from iPhone app and Macbook. I'm unable to logon in the vehicle when setting up the Profile. I've checked my connectivity and TMobile is connected, but I even connected via wifi to my home internet and still nothing. I get this 'Try Again' message when I try to logon to InControl. I've sent an email to LR. The dealer says this: "There is a little glitch with the in-car set up. It looks like all is well, and then it says sign in, and finish set up. Land Rover is aware, but I have not heard of a fix." Guess I'm just waiting until some solution occurs.

Old 04-05-2024, 10:16 PM
Overlanding

Very frustrating. LR support is trying to kick it back to the dealer. Now the dealer states they have a Defender doing the same thing, so there asking me to wait till they can see what it takes to fix that vehicle. It's been over a week and, I'm not feeling very optimistic that this will be resolved.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:19 PM
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pjazz, please post if you hear anything. Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Pjazz (04-06-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 10:29 PM
Overlanding

I never got the "Unable to login Try again later" until today. I turned off the tmoble connection and turned it back on which I've done before, tried to login again and got that message. I then went to the home screen and noticed the car signal strength had 2 bars and said 2G. I never saw a signal strength under the car. I then drove where I got a stronger signal, tried to login and reset the connection. It showed 4 bars and 2G. I still got " unable to login try again later". After reset the car connection bars do go away. I'm curious to those who have a data plan what type of signal strength does the car show?

Old 04-27-2024, 08:54 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to know Im not alone. I just picked up a pre-owned 2022 Defender, every time I enter my vehicle the screen provides me the option to set up vehicle (slightly annoying). I set up an incontrol account thru my phone, I can access my vehicle/remote/journeys/service from my phone thru the incontrol app, but I can not log in on my vehicle. I get the same message as previous users, it tells me I need internet connectivity. So I click the enable connectivity button, and I verify I am logged in to my home wifi, and the signal strength is great. I even access my home router via my router app on my phone and I can see the car connected to it, but it still tells me I need internet connectivity.

Old 04-27-2024, 10:52 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in a slightly different situation but may be a variation of the same problem?
My account is set up and remote app works as intended but every time I try to log on to in control services in the car I get one of those two screens.

Old 04-29-2024, 09:18 AM
Overlanding

Dealer scheduled a new appointment for tomorrow. We'll see if they have a solution. Funny I did get a renewal notice for incontrol and Data plan. I will probably renew the inconrtol service for $120.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:58 AM
Overlanding

So they keep telling. Me I need an active data plan for this to work. I got a renewal notice in the mail and I'm wondering would paying $500 activate this.

Quick Reply: Cannot set up profile