Sponsored by:

Concealed Handgun Storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 11:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
Surely you’re not all that cool!
No...you are right, but some of us have a trunk monkey !

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 03:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon14
No offence intended. But why would you need a handgun in the car? Is it that dangerous over there? Or is it for wild animals?
Simon14:

I believe few if any persons in the U.S. are offended by your question -- not to worry.

As an aside, I have many, many friends and colleagues from other countries and most at some point become sincerely very surprised and confused by individual American citizen's intimate and passionate views toward firearms -- in whichever directions such views are held. (It does not really make sense to them.)

They soon come to understand that firearms in the U.S. are a very personal topic. The most effective perspective I have been able to effectively share on the topic is that firearms in the U.S. are (amongst other things) an expression of one's individuality -- and this has long been the case. Individuality in the U.S. is an important topic.

Viewing the topic with this lens seems to make the topic more accessible to those not born and raised here. It also helps non-Americans (and Americans) understand the basis of the conflict amongst U.S. individuals on the topic -- and allows positive personal relationships to develop over time, mostly regardless of any personal perspective on the topic.

Enjoy !!

The following 3 users liked this post by TrioLRowner:
dj200 (02-15-2022), NoGaBiker (02-13-2022), Rover57 (02-14-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 01:10 PM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
Simon14:

I believe few if any persons in the U.S. are offended by your question -- not to worry.

As an aside, I have many, many friends and colleagues from other countries and most at some point become sincerely very surprised and confused by individual American citizen's intimate and passionate views toward firearms -- in whichever directions such views are held. (It does not really make sense to them.)

They soon come to understand that firearms in the U.S. are a very personal topic. The most effective perspective I have been able to effectively share on the topic is that firearms in the U.S. are (amongst other things) an expression of one's individuality -- and this has long been the case. Individuality in the U.S. is an important topic.

Viewing the topic with this lens seems to make the topic more accessible to those not born and raised here. It also helps non-Americans (and Americans) understand the basis of the conflict amongst U.S. individuals on the topic -- and allows positive personal relationships to develop over time, mostly regardless of any personal perspective on the topic.

Enjoy !!
Thankyou for the considered reply. A very helpful explanation :-)

The following users liked this post:
TrioLRowner (02-15-2022)