2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you order a Grenadier?
Yes to keep
50.00%
Yes to flip
6.25%
No
25.00%
Why am I here?
18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Ineos Configurator Now Live

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 12:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 262 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by norbert-tx
Well, its engineered by Magna, which builds the Gwagen, so there is that, but BMW electrics with French build quality? Hmmm. We'll see. I do like the concept and wish that LR simplified the Defender just a bit like Ineos is doing.
The build is in the most state of the art Mercedes Factory that Ineos bought and Mercedes never used except a small portion for the SMART cars. A large portion of the factory will be built by robots.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by gurka01
It was a multi day event for sure but now that I have completed one could probably knock it out in a day. Biggest pain was running the wiring and moving the control box, took some finesse.

Here is my install with a red winch and air spool so I do not need direct access. I do agree if you need to do field work it will be tough
Threw in a bonus pic with the 275/7518s MTs which took a grinder on the rear calipers

How do you like the red winch? That is the winch that comes with the Ineos. The bumper is modular and you can take it apart making adding accessories easier the front and rear have already been pre-wired to add accessories so you don't have to run wires.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by GavinC
Looks good. It's a pity it's just another RAI and not a snorkel.

I'm not sure on the roo-bar/brush guard. They look good but not enough big wild life round here for me to bother adding all that weight. Plenty of good colors to choose.

No fender checker plate? Rear panel is a good idea.
How am I suppose to get my coffee faster if I cant push cars out of the way. You are right, the craziest wildlife we see out here is a black bear or coyote running through the neighborhood. No checker plate because I am not feeling it but I may change my mind when it comes to ordering.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 01:00 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well its got a BMW engine and tranny as well. So it's not just BMW for the infotainment. Hey I'm rooting for this to succeed, so that it'll show that you don't need all the fancy do-dads to sell a decent off roader.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

ANybody else build there’s with the contrast colors on nose and door? I started with Sela green with white top, then decided to add the orange nose and rear door (which deletes the white top.) I’m gonna look at that for awhile and see if I’m bold enough to go that route when I actually order, or just the rear door in orange, or white top and no orange. Anybody know if it’s actual paint or just wrap?

Oh hell yeah, who am I kidding? I gotta have the orange.

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 05-20-2022 at 01:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NoGaBiker:
GavinC (05-20-2022), _Allegedly (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 02:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVAW8S
How am I suppose to get my coffee faster if I cant push cars out of the way. You are right, the craziest wildlife we see out here is a black bear or coyote running through the neighborhood. No checker plate because I am not feeling it but I may change my mind when it comes to ordering.

NoGaBiker (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 02:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
ANybody else build there’s with the contrast colors on nose and door? I started with Sela green with white top, then decided to add the orange nose and rear door (which deletes the white top.) I’m gonna look at that for awhile and see if I’m bold enough to go that route when I actually order, or just the rear door in orange, or white top and no orange. Anybody know if it’s actual paint or just wrap?

Oh hell yeah, who am I kidding? I gotta have the orange.
Looks great. I wasn't sure if the nose/contrast deleted the white roof.

I like all the color options. That green is very nice. Sort of reminds me of Aintree Green I think.

Don't forget to add the contrast ladder frame. Red, grey or black.

Old 05-20-2022, 03:04 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Very interesting thread, seeing that it is coming from fellow Defender owners, some of whom vent their frustration with JLR, the dealerships and the dealership network, and the sometime inability to get proper repairs, parts or cogent communications from JLR or the selling dealership. Yet, I see many are willing to bet the house on a brand new, mostly untested brand, with a skeleton support network. I can only imagine someone breaking down and needing assistance on some off-road trail and the recovery driver, after he asks, ‘what is this?’, then asking, ‘where do you want it towed?’ I would hate to reply, “I dunno”. But, good luck to all those prospective owners.

Old 05-20-2022, 03:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
Looks great. I wasn't sure if the nose/contrast deleted the white roof.

I like all the color options. That green is very nice. Sort of reminds me of Aintree Green I think.

Don't forget to add the contrast ladder frame. Red, grey or black.
Mine has the gray frame. Red would clash horribly, you barbarian.

The orange/red nose seems to work with white roof, but when I added the rear door it nixed the white roof. I’d probably opt for the roof over the nose if it weren’t for the fact that Defenders offer the white roof, so it’s not as unique. But I actually added the nose while I still had the white roof and didn’t like that combo, so I was going to nix the roof anyway, but the orange rear door made me do it.

GavinC (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 04:06 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Very interesting thread, seeing that it is coming from fellow Defender owners, some of whom vent their frustration with JLR, the dealerships and the dealership network, and the sometime inability to get proper repairs, parts or cogent communications from JLR or the selling dealership. Yet, I see many are willing to bet the house on a brand new, mostly untested brand, with a skeleton support network. I can only imagine someone breaking down and needing assistance on some off-road trail and the recovery driver, after he asks, ‘what is this?’, then asking, ‘where do you want it towed?’ I would hate to reply, “I dunno”. But, good luck to all those prospective owners.
I think we can forgive Ineos when the starting price should be less than $50k.

Quick Reply: Ineos Configurator Now Live