Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locks not working; reset battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 10:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy Locks not working; reset battery

Hello all, today my 2023.5 110 X started acting very weird - when I would lock the doors (whether by key fob button, door button, emergency key, or interior buttons) - it would lock, then immediately unlock. Then for a good 30-60 (or more?) seconds, no attempt at locking would work. I tried using the Remote App - same thing; it would lock, then unlock. I tried opening and closing all the doors in case it was oddly thinking one of them was not closed all the way, but that didn't do it.

Finally, when I got home, I pulled out a 10mm wrench as others have suggested and just disconnected the negative for ~10 minutes to reboot everything. When I reconnected it, the locks were working fine (key fob, blade, interior buttons, etc.). However, now I have the following odd symptoms I've noticed so far:

1) None of the cameras work (it will say "Camera Unavailable" when you go into reverse, or hit the Camera button in Pivi) - although the ClearSight mirror works (I think that's just a separate non-integrated camera in the shark fin w/ a wire to the mirror that doubles as a screen?)
2) I have no audio whatsoever - no startup dings, no turn signal tickets, no audio from FM or Sirius XM, nada.

Everything else seems normal - only the cabin light color had to be reset (it was purple, it defaulted(?) to yellow).

I rebooted Pivi while sitting parked - no change to cameras or audio.

For now it's just sitting in the garage; do we think after maybe an hour or two everything will be working normally again? I don't relish driving it tomorrow into tight parking spaces w/o cameras - the odd silence I can deal with (actually it's quite loud because the active noise canceling isn't working).

I do have a dealer appointment for an oil change and for them to look at some oddities w/ the fobs, I think they messed it up when they added a 3rd fob. But it's not until April 9th. I'm in Seattle; my appointment is with the Lynnwood location but I can try the Bellevue or Tacoma dealers if I have to.

Thanks in advance! -Matthew

Old 03-28-2024, 12:44 AM
Three Wheeling

Ok - note to self and anyone who does this for the first time... yep, be patient- everything will come back. Not sure how long it took because I went inside and ate dinner and such, so it was over an hour... but I went back out, started it up, got the tones, turn signals made noise, audio worked, etc. Even the windows which wouldn't auto-up were working again fine.

The following 2 users liked this post by Matty79:
ba_ (03-28-2024), Defendher (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

there's a fuse for key module, pulling it should work.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:07 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by TeddyG
there's a fuse for key module, pulling it should work.
I found that thread after the fact… the 2023 iGUIDE does not show any fuses for the key module. However the 2020 one does.

Old 03-28-2024, 01:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty79
…actually it's quite loud because the active noise canceling isn't working…

Thanks in advance! -Matthew
Is there active noise cancellation in all models?

Old 03-28-2024, 04:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Defender90NY
Is there active noise cancellation in all models?
Honestly, I don't know - I can't find reference to it online - and another post linked below seems to indicate it is NOT active in Defender line-up... but I can tell you it sure sounded very different in our garage w/o the audio system working at all. *shrugs*

https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...ations-114294/