Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Speed Maneuvering

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 04:43 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wnewport
Still doing it. I have an appointment in a few weeks to look at it. It had stopped making the beeping from the parking sensors, so I scheduled an appointment since the two things seemed related and it was degrading. Now it is back to making the beeps, but no front camera when pulling into a space or garage still. Mine happened after the 2.1.0a update back in August. The 3.0 update didn't fix it.

Gotcha, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to try and get mine into the dealer as well to look. I didn't notice it until after the 3.0 update but really started to notice it after I had minor paint work done on the fender and hood and they had to remove the front grill and bumpers.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Still doing it. I have an appointment in a few weeks to look at it. It had stopped making the beeping from the parking sensors, so I scheduled an appointment since the two things seemed related and it was degrading. Now it is back to making the beeps, but no front camera when pulling into a space or garage still. Mine happened after the 2.1.0a update back in August. The 3.0 update didn't fix it.
Mine has never worked like that so thanks for letting me know how it's supposed to work. I occasionally get the small popup camera view on the left over the tiles when the sensors go off, never recall seeing any camera view automatically show up to the right of that.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:39 PM
4wd High

Well there is some confusion now between the smaller sensor view and the front camera on the right. My dealer said it's working properly and only the parking assist after putting in reverse then drive pulls up both views including the camera on the right.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:30 PM
Drifting
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHH
Well there is some confusion now between the smaller sensor view and the front camera on the right. My dealer said it's working properly and only the parking assist after putting in reverse then drive pulls up both views including the camera on the right.
I think they are gas lighting you. Mine worked for over a month in the way I described before stopping and you said your did too. I don't think we were imagining it. The shop manual descriptions seem to imply the front camera view will come on automatically when parking and an object is detected in front. It beats around the bush quite a bit, but eventually says:

"Camera views can be activated in 2 ways, automatically or manually. Automatic views are initiated either by engaging REVERSE or engaging DRIVE after selecting semi-auto view ON in the 'Camera Settings' menu. This is not available in all vehicles, depending on the market and vehicle specifications. When semi-auto view is set to ON and a proximity threat is within the driving path of the vehicle, the front camera view displays. Both automatic camera views are deactivated at 16 km/h (10 mph)".

I hope my dealer doesn't end up being so uncurious- I really liked the feature and want it back...

Old 02-25-2022, 01:03 AM
4wd High

I think they are gas lighting you. Mine worked for over a month in the way I described before stopping and you said your did too. I don't think we were imagining it. The shop manual descriptions seem to imply the front camera view will come on automatically when parking and an object is detected in front. It beats around the bush quite a bit, but eventually says:

"Camera views can be activated in 2 ways, automatically or manually. Automatic views are initiated either by engaging REVERSE or engaging DRIVE after selecting semi-auto view ON in the 'Camera Settings' menu. This is not available in all vehicles, depending on the market and vehicle specifications. When semi-auto view is set to ON and a proximity threat is within the driving path of the vehicle, the front camera view displays. Both automatic camera views are deactivated at 16 km/h (10 mph)".

I hope my dealer doesn't end up being so uncurious- I really liked the feature and want it back...
Please let me know what your dealer does say. They tried a new vehicle just arrived and one that also had just been serviced both with OS 3.0. I sat in the vehicle both times and they both did the same thing. Maybe it is with the new software they lost the front camera connection and only displays now the overhead 360 degree sensor. Please advise when you get to your dealer. Are you in the states? or abroad?

Old 02-25-2022, 02:33 PM
Drifting

Please let me know what your dealer does say. They tried a new vehicle just arrived and one that also had just been serviced both with OS 3.0. I sat in the vehicle both times and they both did the same thing. Maybe it is with the new software they lost the front camera connection and only displays now the overhead 360 degree sensor. Please advise when you get to your dealer. Are you in the states? or abroad?
Connecticut. I'll update when afterwards. Don't have high hopes after your experience though...

Old 02-25-2022, 03:13 PM
4wd High

Connecticut. I'll update when afterwards. Don't have high hopes after your experience though...
Yeah I was really surprised two other vehicles at my dealers site did the same thing. Appreciate and look forward to your update.

Old 03-11-2022, 08:26 PM
Drifting

Yeah I was really surprised two other vehicles at my dealers site did the same thing. Appreciate and look forward to your update.
Took in for appointment at dealer today. Same results as you. While service rep. suspects something is amiss with the software, the technician tested other cars there and says "working as designed". <sigh> The rep. said when enough people bring it in with the same complaint, maybe Land Rover will do something about it. By the way, they gave me the same verdict on USB sticks and playing music. Mine now goes back to the first song on the stick regardless of whether I was in a playlist, etc. when I restart the vehicle. This also started after an update, although it might have been the 3.0 I got in November and not the earlier one.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:09 PM
4wd High

Took in for appointment at dealer today. Same results as you. While service rep. suspects something is amiss with the software, the technician tested other cars there and says "working as designed". <sigh> The rep. said when enough people bring it in with the same complaint, maybe Land Rover will do something about it. By the way, they gave me the same verdict on USB sticks and playing music. Mine now goes back to the first song on the stick regardless of whether I was in a playlist, etc. when I restart the vehicle. This also started after an update, although it might have been the 3.0 I got in November and not the earlier one.
thanks so much for letting me know. hopefully there will be another software update!!