Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR service around greater Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 06:53 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LR service around greater Boston area

For those located around greater Boston, what dealership do you use for service and how has your experience been?

Old 04-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 633 Likes on 380 Posts

Not many options left so I'm doing my own Defender maintenance. In the past, Land Rover Cape Cod service was fantastic. Get an appointment with a loaner car within a week. Shop foreman (Brandon) was so knowledgeable and a true LR enthusiast. He even let me supply parts from Atlantic British on our old LR4s which were far less expensive than OEM parts. (Brake calipers, alternators, control arms & more) But instead of Prime Auto Group/GPB building a new JLR dealership facility on Cape Cod as planned, they suddenly just closed the dealership. So now LR Hanover service is beyond overwhelmed. 4-6 weeks out for an appointment with a loaner car.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PaulLR
Not many options left so I'm doing my own Defender maintenance. In the past, Land Rover Cape Cod service was fantastic. Get an appointment with a loaner car within a week. Shop foreman (Brandon) was so knowledgeable and a true LR enthusiast. He even let me supply parts from Atlantic British on our old LR4s which were far less expensive than OEM parts. (Brake calipers, alternators, control arms & more) But instead of Prime Auto Group/GPB building a new JLR dealership facility on Cape Cod as planned, they suddenly just closed the dealership. So now LR Hanover service is beyond overwhelmed. 4-6 weeks out for an appointment with a loaner car.
Thanks for the insight. I've been going back to where I purchased my Defender (Land Rover Norwood/Jake Kaplan) and the experience has been pretty underwhelming. Three months to get an appointment with a loaner which is a little concerning since my check engine light has been on (and this was after waiting four months for an appointment and when that day came not only did they not have the loaner they promised but because my check engine light went off that day, they said they couldn't do anything which is frustrating since it's a 30-40 minute drive and then I had to wait another three months). Now, they've had my vehicle for a week and haven't even looked at it. I understand covid, supply chain, limited workforce issues, but the lack of communications, inability to set expectations, and general nonchalance is disappointing. Coming from BMW, BMW is miles ahead in this department. Still, I love my Defender so perhaps that's where they get us.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Wow, 3-4 months out for an appointment with a loaner at Norwood?! I'm going to try LR Peabody next for anything I can't fix myself. Over an hour from my house but if they can get me an appointment in days/weeks instead of months it's worth the drive. Good to know about your BMW service experience, I pick up our new X5 tomorrow. Had to go with the X5 production time of 7 weeks after our second Defender order was pushed out to 7 months.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I would love to hear what people think of LR Peabody service. This is where I purchased my 110, due in 2 months. The sales team was a pleasure (Vito and David).

Old 04-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PaulLR
Wow, 3-4 months out for an appointment with a loaner at Norwood?! I'm going to try LR Peabody next for anything I can't fix myself. Over an hour from my house but if they can get me an appointment in days/weeks instead of months it's worth the drive. Good to know about your BMW service experience, I pick up our new X5 tomorrow. Had to go with the X5 production time of 7 weeks after our second Defender order was pushed out to 7 months.
Yea...pretty frustrating. I hope you have better luck with LR Peabody. I may need to explore switching to them. Is it true you only receive a complimentary loaner from the dealership where you purchased or leased your vehicle?
I've used both South Shore BMW and more recently Herb Chambers BMW of Boston. Both have been great and are generally very accommodating in my experiences. Best daily driver cars I've ever owned.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle

On another note to anyone in the Boston area...I just had my Defender ceramic coated by Unique Car Care in Middleton. Not near my home on the South Shore but worth the trip. Brought it to them after one year and 22K miles, still covered in winter grime. Came out amazing! Went with the $1295 "silver" package and I'm done having to wax it. Proceeded to cover it in bug guts on a trip to CT yesterday evening and they easily washed off with a quick spray this morning.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

UCC is great. I had them wrap my 4C with XPEL 7+ years ago. With the exception of something that dripped on it and needs to be buffed off, it still looks great! I will follow your lead on the ceramic coating when my 110 arrives. Thanks!

Last edited by NeedaHobby; 04-14-2022 at 10:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PaulLR (04-15-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 01:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

I've had good experience with Norwood dealer (which is where I also purchased my D90), though it is true there is about a 3+ month wait for service if you want a loaner. I was able to get an appointment in less than 2 weeks without a loaner just as a point of reference. I'm bringing my vehicle in for a speaker rattle that has slowly been driving me insane .

Old 04-15-2022, 08:03 AM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

These guys:

https://www.citysidegarage.com/

Quick Reply: LR service around greater Boston area