Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR service around greater Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 12:35 PM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogDefender
I haven't. Are they generally responsive? I really am trying to give my SA the benefit of the doubt and avoid putting a spotlight on him. Obviously my approach hasn't been effective and it doesn't seem he's exactly looking out for me, his customer.
Yes, quite responsive. Corporate offices are an entirely different entity. JLR retailers are independently owned franchises that operate in the manner they see fit in the US market. In fact, by law in most US states a manufacturer cannot own and operate a retail establishment. When you reach out to the corporate headquarters you are documented and placed into our system and your situation is tracked. Corporate offices don't forget about you or lose paperwork (they don't use paper anymore).

I don't know all the details of your situation, but it seems a bit unusual. Generally, a car isn't brought in for service until they are ready to begin the diagnostics process.

Have you considered making an appointment with Land Rover Boston (or another retailer in Massachusetts) and just taking the vehicle there? If you don't want the hammer to fall on your retailer that is your only choice.

If you want results at your existing retailer it sounds like it's time to bring in assistance. They don't seem to be respectful of you now, so I'm not sure how much additional damage can be done to the relationship.

You can reach out to the Land Rover corporate office CRC, a relevant member of the corporate staff or the market manager for your region.

What social media platforms are you on?

Old 04-20-2022, 01:03 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Insider
Yes, quite responsive. Corporate offices are an entirely different entity. JLR retailers are independently owned franchises that operate in the manner they see fit in the US market. In fact, by law in most US states a manufacturer cannot own and operate a retail establishment. When you reach out to the corporate headquarters you are documented and placed into our system and your situation is tracked. Corporate offices don't forget about you or lose paperwork (they don't use paper anymore).

I don't know all the details of your situation, but it seems a bit unusual. Generally, a car isn't brought in for service until they are ready to begin the diagnostics process.

Have you considered making an appointment with Land Rover Boston (or another retailer in Massachusetts) and just taking the vehicle there? If you don't want the hammer to fall on your retailer that is your only choice.

If you want results at your existing retailer it sounds like it's time to bring in assistance. They don't seem to be respectful of you now, so I'm not sure how much additional damage can be done to the relationship.

You can reach out to the Land Rover corporate office CRC, a relevant member of the corporate staff or the market manager for your region.

What social media platforms are you on?
Thanks, Insider. I agree, it seems a bit unusual and just overall, a bad experience. For the last few days I've been really second guessing leaving my previous brand for LR and it has nothing to do with the vehicle; simply this experience and this being what I can expect in the days and years ahead. I am by no means opposed to the hammer falling on my retailer. I've shown more patience than they possibly deserve with little concern for my situation so the repercussions are on them. Next time I will take your suggestion and try LR Boston. I'd rather wait or Uber around for a couple of days (it's my only vehicle) if it means not being without my Defender for multiple weeks.

I just called my SA and asked if I can get an honest update because I don't feel that's what I've been getting and if I can't get that, maybe management can give me one. He said I can go to management, it won't change anything (I can only imagine management's reaction to hearing that statement). My SA then proceeded to let me know my car is waiting on a part, meaning at some point he could have improved this situation by providing me with an update in the last day or so.

I have been documenting this experience and will likely share it with my retailer or LR corporate in hopes it opens some eyes and helps others avoid this experience in the future.

I don't have much of a presence but I'm on Instagram and Facebook. Would that be the best place to reach out?

Old 04-20-2022, 01:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,254 Likes on 746 Posts

I always joke that every company has 10,000 different processes. Many are poorly documented, understood or communicated. But the one that they ALL share in common and that always works is the "Escalation" process. Start walking the chain until you get a response. For a Dealership that food chain would be: SA to Service Manager to GM to RGM (if larger Dealer) to Owner to Manufacturer's Customer Relations. You WILL get a response as long as you don't fail the "attitude test". Be respectful & fact based and eventually you will find someone who has passion about fixing it.

The following 2 users liked this post by GrouseK9:
BulldogDefender (04-20-2022), TrioLRowner (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 03:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

On the Loaner car front; here is Seattle they have worked with enterprise to provide us a rental car at no cost during the service. You had to purchase the car from them and be under warranty. Maybe Norwood would be up for picking up the tab on a car rental. I wish I could help as I have a lot of connections on South Shore, I am from Scituate and my family owns a bike shop that used to be Hanover but now in Pembroke. I have a ton of friends but no one in the dealership network. Need floors, roofs, car washes, dentist, doctors, music equipment, marine service, I can hook you up.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:52 PM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogDefender
Thanks, Insider. I agree, it seems a bit unusual and just overall, a bad experience. For the last few days I've been really second guessing leaving my previous brand for LR and it has nothing to do with the vehicle; simply this experience and this being what I can expect in the days and years ahead. I am by no means opposed to the hammer falling on my retailer. I've shown more patience than they possibly deserve with little concern for my situation so the repercussions are on them. Next time I will take your suggestion and try LR Boston. I'd rather wait or Uber around for a couple of days (it's my only vehicle) if it means not being without my Defender for multiple weeks.

I just called my SA and asked if I can get an honest update because I don't feel that's what I've been getting and if I can't get that, maybe management can give me one. He said I can go to management, it won't change anything (I can only imagine management's reaction to hearing that statement). My SA then proceeded to let me know my car is waiting on a part, meaning at some point he could have improved this situation by providing me with an update in the last day or so.

I have been documenting this experience and will likely share it with my retailer or LR corporate in hopes it opens some eyes and helps others avoid this experience in the future.

I don't have much of a presence but I'm on Instagram and Facebook. Would that be the best place to reach out?
I'll send you a private message.