2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR service around greater Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 11:53 AM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

I heard from a colleague last year that JLRNA has opened a new Arch facility in Boston that has been well received by customers. Their website suggests they are taking service appointments without a wait: https://www.landroverboston.com

I have no personal experience but they have quite a high rating.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

What's an Arch facility?

The following users liked this post:
PaulLR (04-16-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 07:35 AM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Yulongtd6
What's an Arch facility?
Our new retailer facility design/concept for franchise partners. We have a great deal of requirements for these new Arch retailers in terms of equipment, capacity, amenities and processes.

A quick Google search in the US shows a recent example just opened in Detroit: https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news...oy-motor-mall/

Below is an example of an older franchise:

PaulLR (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 07:43 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Insider
Our new retailer facility design/concept for franchise partners. We have a great deal of requirements for these new Arch retailers in terms of equipment, capacity, amenities and processes.

A quick Google search in the US shows a recent example just opened in Detroit: https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news...oy-motor-mall/

Below is an example of an older franchise:

Thank you. Looks like Herb Chambers is the owner. Always had great experiences with them on the BMW front. Closer to me and Land Rover Norwood isn’t exactly doing a whole lot to retain my loyalty.

Old 04-17-2022, 09:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

My dealership is Fort Myers Land Rover. I know its nowhere close to Beantown but its a brand new arch dealer and the entire staff is OUTSTANDING!!!!

BulldogDefender (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 10:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

We purchased our defender at LR Norwood, you will notice the parking lot full of cars waiting for service. We were told by their service department it is a 3 months wait for an oil change alone and no loaners available. We found that out after an issue with our defender and trying to get help (rear air suspension assembly came into the defender).

We live closer to the Hanover dealer so it was brought there. They also couldn’t provide a loaner but seemed to be more on their game then Norwood in terms of turn around time and service appointments. If you live on the south shore, I would go to Hanover.

The complete lack of loaner cars is a problem. Especially when the vehicle is not exactly reliable and needs service. We also own a jeep, no issues getting a loaner from a jeep dealer. Or with south shore BMW (just sold that car but their service dept is great). Land Rover needs to step up their game or we will be a one time customer.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 633 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by gdyear78
Or with south shore BMW (just sold that car but their service dept is great). Land Rover needs to step up their game or we will be a one time customer.
Good to know about South Shore BMW as we pick up our new X5 on Wednesday. Arrived in just 7 weeks after I ordered it.

gdyear78 (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 10:36 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gdyear78
We purchased our defender at LR Norwood, you will notice the parking lot full of cars waiting for service. We were told by their service department it is a 3 months wait for an oil change alone and no loaners available. We found that out after an issue with our defender and trying to get help (rear air suspension assembly came into the defender).

We live closer to the Hanover dealer so it was brought there. They also couldn’t provide a loaner but seemed to be more on their game then Norwood in terms of turn around time and service appointments. If you live on the south shore, I would go to Hanover.

The complete lack of loaner cars is a problem. Especially when the vehicle is not exactly reliable and needs service. We also own a jeep, no issues getting a loaner from a jeep dealer. Or with south shore BMW (just sold that car but their service dept is great). Land Rover needs to step up their game or we will be a one time customer.
Good to know about Hanover. I 100% agree. The lack of care or concern from Norwood is a turnoff from the brand for me. Love our Defender for its uniqueness but at the end of the day, a reliable vehicle and service experience are equally important (if not more). Hopefully it’s just the times we are in and things get better.

gdyear78 (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 11:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogDefender
Good to know about Hanover. I 100% agree. The lack of care or concern from Norwood is a turnoff from the brand for me. Love our Defender for its uniqueness but at the end of the day, a reliable vehicle and service experience are equally important (if not more). Hopefully it’s just the times we are in and things get better.
I feel the same way, if you can’t drive it…what’s the point of having it? Hopefully the dealerships are listening.

BulldogDefender (04-17-2022)
Old 04-17-2022, 12:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

I think people need to take a step back. Do you really think a dealer such as Norwood, who makes most, if not all their money off of service wants to have a 3 month wait? It's clear there is a staffing issue that has hurt their ability to service at volume. It's not that they don't care but there is no getting around the unfortunate reality of todays labor market.

PaulLR (04-17-2022)

Quick Reply: LR service around greater Boston area