2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meridian - has anyone replaced theirs yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 12:05 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

interesting. the other defender was MHEV.
it’s very obvious on my v8. i do have an aftermarket exhaust also. not sure if they have an actually mic

Originally Posted by mikelr
700w Meridian Surround

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (10-24-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:58 AM
4wd Low
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
one other important note. if you are adding any subs and using the oem source running through the oem dsp you will have an amplified engine noise coming through. more powered subs will make that engine sound much more noticeable. all defenders have this programmed into the dsp and not something that you can disconnect.

my system has various sources and a digital input to my aftermarket dsp which bypasses the oem dsp. if i use carplay or sirius which is an oem source i hear the fake engine noise coming from my subs

only way to get rid of it is to code it out. Lots of guys are adding hidden features with coding. those that are providing that service have the tools and ability to code out.

i am planning to code mine out but closest installer is a couple hundred miles away.

not a huge deal as i have separate digital sources but will get it done eventually
If you ever make that trip to SoCal to code out! Hit me up! I have that other Defender that Bing did before yours. I’d love to take a listen if possible.

Victor

Old 11-06-2022, 10:39 AM
Winching

What’s up Victor,

you're the reason i pulled the trigger with the full system and Bing for the install. Saw his FB build log of your Defender and finally got some confidence in a shop to do the build. Every other shop said they could do it but no experience

coming down to Socal but furthest would be OC.

if ever using the oem source is usually kids in the car and the subs a bit loud on. If it was easier to code out i would be done but right now i’m dealing with it

Originally Posted by Tranv117
If you ever make that trip to SoCal to code out! Hit me up! I have that other Defender that Bing did before yours. I’d love to take a listen if possible.

Victor

Old 11-06-2022, 11:57 AM
4wd Low
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
What’s up Victor,

you're the reason i pulled the trigger with the full system and Bing for the install. Saw his FB build log of your Defender and finally got some confidence in a shop to do the build. Every other shop said they could do it but no experience

coming down to Socal but furthest would be OC.

if ever using the oem source is usually kids in the car and the subs a bit loud on. If it was easier to code out i would be done but right now i’m dealing with it
Huge difference once it’s done. If you’re using Bluetooth for phone calls so that will switch over to the OEM system and the bass output gets super annoying.

Old 11-06-2022, 01:01 PM
Winching

one of my bigger issues is the difference in volume from oem and Amas. Oem being much lower and when a call comes in you have to crank up the volume. have to remember to turn down before switching to the digital source.

i had called Garrett’s referral in LA for just the coding and he wanted to charge 800 bucks just for that. i have a v8 and have majority of the features. Garrett said it would be significantly less if he did.

like to get it done but not paying 800 and non plans to drive down to SD.

Bing said he might just buy the tool. that would be ideal

Originally Posted by Tranv117
Huge difference once it’s done. If you’re using Bluetooth for phone calls so that will switch over to the OEM system and the bass output gets super annoying.

Old 03-11-2024, 11:49 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMoke
Check the auto-hold setting. It can be set to always be on or only when you come to a hard stop. When auto-hold is engaged (it will indicate this in the instrument screen) auto start does not activate when you lift off the brake—you have to tap the gas pedal to move forward again which is not good when driving in heavy traffic. try to avoid “hitting” the brakes. Go to the settings screen to see if it is set to auto-on
I cannot figure out how to adjust the “auto-hold” setting. Nor can I figure out how to disable it. I’m assuming by “Auto-Hold” setting, this is when the green “Hold” lights up on top of instrument cluster when you come to a stop?

where specifically in the settings is this Auto-Hold setting adjustment?