2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 10:53 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Mine updated yesterday. What I noticed today is that on I-5 in a poor cell zone the apple map on the dash went blank. Don't think the native nav ever did that. The apple map also doesn't seem as smooth as the native map from what I can recall. It's almost like apple maps is constantly building out so while moving it kind of has a surging effect or like it slows down then leaps forward. Does it constantly and it's kind of annoying to look at.

I think I'd honestly just prefer the native nav as I see zero advantage to having apple maps on the dash. But I also rarely use nav for anything at all and when I do the audio cues are fine for me.

Old 08-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I've noticed that since 4.0.0, when I start the car, Sirius doesn't play any sound. I have to switch from Sirius to another output then back to Sirius, for it to start playing.

Old 08-06-2023, 01:17 PM
Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 49 Posts

Not mine, SXM is on as expected. It’s sounding as if the 4.0.0 upgrade is experiencing random minor glitches vehicle to vehicle. Keeping my fingers crossed as I have not found anything weird.

The following users liked this post:
joeg679 (08-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 01:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I don’t know if this is 4.0.0 related, because I got the update the day I picked up my car. If I switch voice feedback to English UK, it switches back to US. Sometimes not in the next start, but always by the next day.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rutiger
Mine updated yesterday. What I noticed today is that on I-5 in a poor cell zone the apple map on the dash went blank. Don't think the native nav ever did that. The apple map also doesn't seem as smooth as the native map from what I can recall. It's almost like apple maps is constantly building out so while moving it kind of has a surging effect or like it slows down then leaps forward. Does it constantly and it's kind of annoying to look at.

I think I'd honestly just prefer the native nav as I see zero advantage to having apple maps on the dash. But I also rarely use nav for anything at all and when I do the audio cues are fine for me.
That's maybe not a 4.0.0 thing, this would sometimes happen with prior OS versions too. Every once in a while Apple Maps via CarPlay just seems to stutter/buffer. I don't know if the cause is on the Apple Maps/CarPlay side or it's something related to PiviPro, but the same glitch existed before we got the new OS upgrade.

Originally Posted by joeg679
I've noticed that since 4.0.0, when I start the car, Sirius doesn't play any sound. I have to switch from Sirius to another output then back to Sirius, for it to start playing.
Some would say that's a feature enhancement, not a bug

As an aside, you probably know this already but if you like SiriusXM programming it sounds massively better when streamed through their app with the quality set to high.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:18 PM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

Running on Android, whatever I tried on the settings Phone or Car it still displays nightmode with Google maps on the IDD.

The following users liked this post:
mzeee (08-08-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 08:47 PM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Thought this was interesting, so wanted to share it.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-c...ue-ota-updates

The following 2 users liked this post by NativeTexan:
RogueRover (08-07-2023), WAFOX (08-08-2023)
Old 08-08-2023, 01:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeTexan
Thought this was interesting, so wanted to share it.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-c...ue-ota-updates
I have an F150 Lightning and it actually gets a lot of OTA updates, some of them quite major including a new UI and more. They’re obviously not as on the ball as Tesla when it comes to OTA updates etc but they do a pretty good job overall IMO.

Old 08-08-2023, 04:48 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be a solution?

Hi everyone, just want to tell you what happened. I was stuck on 3.3.2 since February. Today I checked the wifi connection of the car to my home wifi. it says it's connected but in my computer it shows lrincontrol not connected.
Also the simcard in the car shows connected. But no update. Then I tried the personal hotspot from my phone to get connected to the car. it worked. all of sudden the message came :new software available 4.0.0. it over jumped
the 3.3.3 . May be that helps.
greetings from Germany

Old 08-08-2023, 08:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Defendit..
Running on Android, whatever I tried on the settings Phone or Car it still displays nightmode with Google maps on the IDD.

Me too.

Quick Reply: New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming