Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 04:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
My map in the driver's screen orientates to the direction of travel even when not following a route, try the highlighted choice on the picture below.

This didn’t do anything for the IDD for me. It’s still flat and north is up. It does change the orientation for Apple Maps on the infotainment screen (map is 2D but up is the direction I’m facing) but the dash screen doesn’t change, up is still north.
So far I’ve only seen a different Apple Maps view in the dash if I’m actively routing somewhere, and in those cases, it’s a 3D view with up being the direction I’m going and not just a 2D view

Old 08-13-2023, 07:26 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone noticed if the 4.0 update helps with the very frequent bluetooth/carplay crashes? I experience this every single time I get in the vehicle.

Has anyone been able to help resolve this in ways that don't involve a software update? Perhaps a setting in vehicle or phone?

Old 08-13-2023, 07:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by holtenc
Has anyone noticed if the 4.0 update helps with the very frequent bluetooth/carplay crashes? I experience this every single time I get in the vehicle.

Has anyone been able to help resolve this in ways that don't involve a software update? Perhaps a setting in vehicle or phone?
it's probably phone.
Has to be updated and also check other sources for wifi and BT connections.

Old 08-14-2023, 07:16 AM
Mudding
Received 157 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by chuyn
This didn’t do anything for the IDD for me. It’s still flat and north is up. It does change the orientation for Apple Maps on the infotainment screen (map is 2D but up is the direction I’m facing) but the dash screen doesn’t change, up is still north.
So far I’ve only seen a different Apple Maps view in the dash if I’m actively routing somewhere, and in those cases, it’s a 3D view with up being the direction I’m going and not just a 2D view
This is how it works on Android Auto with Google Maps, as well - North "up" on the IDD unless navigating, and then it orients to up being the direction I'm going. I can deal with that, but I wish the IDD showed traffic data even when not navigating (like the infotainment display always has). Hopefully a phone software update can fix some of these things going forward (I assume it's more of a phone app thing than the vehicle software).

Old 08-14-2023, 04:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

So I got Android Auto connected after the new update, but I had to re-add the phone to do so. Now, I'm having the same problem again that I initially was. Android Auto claims to be connected, with the dark Android Auto logo visible on screen. However, when I tap it, I don't get the Android Auto interface. Instead, I just get the Pivi Smart Devices settings screen, where I see two of my phones listed. I can reconfigure stuff in there, but Android Auto should just work.

Prior to the 4.0.0 update Android Auto was always connecting flawlessly over wireless. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas how to resolve it?

Old 08-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by eelpout
I'd have to check with my Google contacts (I live in Silicon Valley) but I'm pretty sure since the Waze acquisition, crowd data is fully shared between Maps and Waze users now. Though yes, they may use it differently.
Maps certainly doesn't share all the data Waze does. I get less than a quarter of the road hazards, police alerts, and other warnings in Maps.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:45 PM
Mudding
Received 111 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone else have issues with the update not working? I've clicked "update now" before locking/alarming about 20 times now. Even after an hour plus drive. I'm assuming it's something to do with battery voltage. I do have a redarc bcdc connected to the main battery, but it shouldn't be pulling anything since the aux battery should be charging via solar during the day and there is nothing running off the aux battery at the moment. I guess I'll have to run an extension cord across the parking lot and hook up a battery charger. The toyota guys are going to laugh at the land rover with a dead battery.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:02 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by holtenc

I was just at the dealership today for service of another item, and asked about the latest on this. No fix in sight. It bothers me beyond belief - there are specific spots on my daily commute where CarPlay disconnects, and it's so annoying I will go through stints where I just don't use CarPlay at all (even though the UI is 100x better than the stock Pivi experience IMO). Very frustrating to hear - the guy at the dealer told me this is a known issue with all Land Rovers, and they're not telling the dealerships anything about an ETA or a fix even being worked on.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:22 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckr93
I was just at the dealership today for service of another item, and asked about the latest on this. No fix in sight. It bothers me beyond belief - there are specific spots on my daily commute where CarPlay disconnects, and it's so annoying I will go through stints where I just don't use CarPlay at all (even though the UI is 100x better than the stock Pivi experience IMO). Very frustrating to hear - the guy at the dealer told me this is a known issue with all Land Rovers, and they're not telling the dealerships anything about an ETA or a fix even being worked on.
Agreed. Today after totally removing/forgetting etc my phone from the vehicle, and the vehicle from my phone, I re-did the setup hoping it would fix it. Nope. I'm done worrying about it and just disabled the wireless carplay. I was fine using a USB cable in my previous vehicle and I'll be fine with a cable in the defender. Though I will keep a lookout for mentions of improvement.

The first guy that responded to my query here did mention something about other sources of bluetooth, and it just dawned on me that I also wear an apple watch. Maybe I'll see if it improves if I disconnect my watch from phone. I assume wireless carplay uses a significant amount of bluetooth bandwidth. Maybe the phone just can't handle both wireless carplay and watch at the same time /shrug.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckr93
You guys might try connecting via bluetooth instead of plugged in. I have much less drops connected via bluetooth. I will also say that I have other cars that continually drop apple car play connection while mapping on Google maps. I suspect it is not a Land Rover specific issue as a result.

Quick Reply: New Pivi 4.0.0 update is incoming