2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Roof Rack "Voyager"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 09:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

How the heck did you get this for $1895 with ladder when they want over $2300 just for the rack now?

Old 01-22-2021, 04:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I was the first order and have the second produced rack, still waiting on the ladder.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:10 AM
Mudding
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by N E WHR
I was the first order and have the second produced rack, still waiting on the ladder.
What does their ladder look like? I can’t seem to find any images online.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

for what it’s worth. I’ve had my front runner on for two months or so now (front runner rails not LR) and there’s no radio interference even though it completely covers the fin.

just as a data data point

Originally Posted by N E WHR
Its 2 inches above roof line with fin cut out, frontrunner rack caused interference with radio,

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSISU (02-25-2022)
Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
for what it’s worth. I’ve had my front runner on for two months or so now (front runner rails not LR) and there’s no radio interference even though it completely covers the fin.

just as a data data point
How do you like it? I’m torn between the factory expedition rack and the larger frontrunner rack. Does it have the build quality to equal the vehicle? I’ve never seen a frontrunner rack in person.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Sorry for asking again, but I haven’t been able to get any confirmation: does the voyager slot right into the t-slot of the oem roof rails? Do you have to remove the oem roof rail bolts that go into the roof of the car for any reason? I’m really hoping this just uses the t-slot in the existing roof rails given all the problems the frontrunner buyers are having with those bolts.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartan
Sorry for asking again, but I haven’t been able to get any confirmation: does the voyager slot right into the t-slot of the oem roof rails? Do you have to remove the oem roof rail bolts that go into the roof of the car for any reason? I’m really hoping this just uses the t-slot in the existing roof rails given all the problems the frontrunner buyers are having with those bolts.
Unfortunately, you need to remove the bolt covers that hold the rails on, remove those bolts, and drop the Voyager bracket there and put the bolts that were holding the rails on in and fasten it down. I just installed mine today (have not had a chance to get the measurements, I think you had asked, as my 4 year old was running around beneath me). The website showed a wind guard and it did not come with it (you’ll need one otherwise it’s quite loud at highway speed). Mine also did not come with instructions which was annoying.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the info. That’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping to avoid messing with those damn bolts. Sounds like the front two bolts have been the main miscreants. Did you have any problems with the bolts?

Old 03-21-2021, 07:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartan
Thanks for the info. That’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping to avoid messing with those damn bolts. Sounds like the front two bolts have been the main miscreants. Did you have any problems with the bolts?
None at all. I read about those issues as well and I made sure I slowly loosened them. The worst part was removing the bolt covers from the rails. There is zero good info on the deep dark web on how to remove these so I ended up having to hammer a flat head screw driver straight down the back (short) edge until it was under the lip and then pried the covers off. The rail got chewed up a bit and the covers were destroyed. If you figure out a better way I’d love to hear about it.

The following users liked this post:
DefXBill (11-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:06 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks. I’m thinking to have the dealer loosen the bolts so if they go bad the fix is on them. No idea whether they’ll agree to this.

Quick Reply: NEW Roof Rack "Voyager"