Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 12:18 PM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mgreenawald
Thanks Hoss_vw - will give it a try again. I have done it multiple times (all above) with no luck. I also did a restore (under general tab) but it did nothing and actually didn't erase all the data/connections but I did lose my weather app AGAIN. This is frustrating as this head unit has given me problems from day one. thx for the response and I will keep chipping away.

All other suggestion are welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving.

One other thought would be if your memory is full. If you are an early owner (June 2020 for me), we would get a lot of updates throughout 2020. Then several months ago, my infotainment screen said something to the effect like: "
Download failed - memory full".

Ever since then, I don't believe that I have had any successful software over-the-air updates. I wonder once your memory is full, if you can't get updates anymore. I believe I am currently on version 1.9.2. So I don't have version 3.0 but I am bringing in my vehicle to the service dept on December 11th to trooble-shoot this issue. I am hoping that they can fix my memory issue and upgrade me to version 3.0

Not sure if anyone else on here has gotten the "memory full" message on the infotainment screen.
/
/
----------------------------------------------------------
2020 Defender 110 First Edition Indus Silver (Current)
2020 Discovery HSE Luxury Si6 Fuji White (Current)
2015 RRS Autobiography Fuji White (Former)
2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White (Former)
2008 LR2 Fuji White (Former)

Old 11-27-2021, 11:15 AM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

Here’s a video and instruction sheet download for setting up wireless CarPlay (from PowerfulUK).

Here’s the Android set up.

Last edited by dj200; 12-05-2021 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tucker Woods (11-27-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 07:40 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick4
Still waiting...I am sure there is a way to force an update, dealers have to be able to. Someone needs to leak the process!

I'm still waiting for mine. I drive my car regularly and have good reception around town. I even have it connect to wifi at home. I wonder why there is a such a delay for my update.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

My 3.0 upgrade has deleted ALL my saved favorite destinations, including 'HOME'. I've just called my dealership and they've not heard of anyone having that problem. This was done via the 'over-the-air' update so I can't have done anything wrong on the install. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 12-04-2021, 03:29 PM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Elektrapops
My 3.0 upgrade has deleted ALL my saved favorite destinations, including 'HOME'. I've just called my dealership and they've not heard of anyone having that problem. This was done via the 'over-the-air' update so I can't have done anything wrong on the install. Anyone else have this issue?
Yep. You can tell them the same happened to me...quite annoying. All other aspects of the update went perfectly.

Old 12-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Winching
Received 560 Likes on 252 Posts

You guys are logged into your InControl account, right? I had to sign back in (and re-enter my 4-digit passcode) after the update to 3.0 completed.

Last edited by umbertob; 12-05-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:36 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by umbertob
You guys are logged into your InControl account, right? I had to sign back in (and re-enter my 4-digit passcode) after the update to 3.0 competed.
No, I didn't do that. I'll try that right now. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Haven't had a single wireless CarPlay dropout since upgrading to 3.0. With the 2.x software, wired CarPlay would drop out frequently. Now it's pretty much rock solid. So credit to JLR, they get a lot of flak for their tech and software flakiness etc, but this update for me at least has delivered the goods.

The following users liked this post:
Mechano2020 (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,256 Likes on 747 Posts

Still waiting for 3.0.... Still waiting for StarLink.... Still wating for a bunch of other stuff. Seems like the entire universe is conspiring to help me save money!

After all the horror stories of updates over the early part of the year, I'm pretty shocked at myself for actually looking forward to this one. What a strange feeling.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling

UPDATE: As suggested I logged out but when I tried to log back in the Pivi wouldn't let me unless I created a 'Profile'. I didn't have a profile before - the dealership set it up with my InControl account and Pin. I've contacted the dealership and they say they've never heard of anyone else experiencing deletions. I then phoned USA JLR helpline and they could only suggest I re-enter the destinations. Doh. And they said there's nothing will stop it happening again. Double Doh!

This is totally unacceptable where both dealer and JLR shrug their shoulders and leave me screwed.

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out