Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 11:50 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Help 3.0 Installed but no Wireless Carplay

Hey folks - all looks good on my install other than the no 'wireless' carplay option. I have got 3.0 installed, I see the new configuration when using Carplay (via USB) but I can't get wireless carplay to work. I have followed all the instructions - deleting phones / cars etc. Should I reset to factory setting options (delete all profiles etc)?

One thing to note, I don't have a 'wireless' option under my Connectivity tab on the Pivi. Does this mean it wasn't installed correctly? Is my car not capable (would seem odd) due to age? I received mine Defender in July 2020. Should I reset to factory setting options (delete all profiles etc)?

Any thoughts or options to get the software load again?

thx in advance.

Old 11-23-2021, 09:03 PM
Mudding
Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts

Maybe they have finally fixed the problem of failure to install that seemed to plague previous OS versions - 3.0 went completely smoothly first attempt. And it also fixed the compass panel altitude display, which I, and I'm sure many others, had been bugging them about. I haven't found any new issues so far.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Got my 3.0 update yesterday, and so far so good. No glitches, no issues, and wireless CarPlay has been really good - no dropouts at all, and it is ready to go right after startup. I was having a lot of random CarPlay dropouts on software versions 2.x, whether running wired or wireless via the CarLinkIt adapter, so the experience so far with the 3.0 software has been a big upgrade.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:19 AM
Drifting
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

My 3.0 update arrived last Thursday, installed while I was at an appointment and works flawlessly.

I had a 2017 BMW X5 with wireless CarPlay that was a really good example of how well it could work. Thus far, same results in my 2020 Defender 110.

PiviPro also seems a little snappier and more responsive, so maybe there were some under the hood improvements there as well?

I love finally being able to use the wireless charging tray and have CarPlay at the same time.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:20 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mgreenawald
Hey folks - all looks good on my install other than the no 'wireless' carplay option. I have got 3.0 installed, I see the new configuration when using Carplay (via USB) but I can't get wireless carplay to work. I have followed all the instructions - deleting phones / cars etc. Should I reset to factory setting options (delete all profiles etc)?

One thing to note, I don't have a 'wireless' option under my Connectivity tab on the Pivi. Does this mean it wasn't installed correctly? Is my car not capable (would seem odd) due to age? I received mine Defender in July 2020. Should I reset to factory setting options (delete all profiles etc)?

Any thoughts or options to get the software load again?

thx in advance.
Here is my troubleshooting suggestions.

Delete Bluetooth Pairing on both sides.. on Pivi and on the iPhone
Press and hold the power button on the console underneath the screen for 10 plus seconds until the screen goes black

Then start the pairing process again and you should be good to go.​​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 09:42 AM
Mudding
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Still waiting...I am sure there is a way to force an update, dealers have to be able to. Someone needs to leak the process!

GrouseK9 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 09:46 AM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

Interesting, alll videos by Damian Dinning have been taken down. I thought they were super helpful and informative, so that sucks.

GrouseK9 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 09:53 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
Interesting, alll videos by Damian Dinning have been taken down. I thought they were super helpful and informative, so that sucks.
Wow...might suck for him. also!

Wonder who removed them and why???

GrouseK9 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 10:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

It was such good production quality, I thought it was "socially" sanctioned. Boo to JLR for being that controlling against "good corporate citizens". This is the failure of command & control (aka, old school corporate cultures) when it comes to social media success.

Kev M (11-26-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 10:47 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Hoss_vw - will give it a try again. I have done it multiple times (all above) with no luck. I also did a restore (under general tab) but it did nothing and actually didn't erase all the data/connections but I did lose my weather app AGAIN. This is frustrating as this head unit has given me problems from day one. thx for the response and I will keep chipping away.

All other suggestion are welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out