Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 08:00 PM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Elektrapops
UPDATE: As suggested I logged out but when I tried to log back in the Pivi wouldn't let me unless I created a 'Profile'. I didn't have a profile before - the dealership set it up with my InControl account and Pin. I've contacted the dealership and they say they've never heard of anyone else experiencing deletions. I then phoned USA JLR helpline and they could only suggest I re-enter the destinations. Doh. And they said there's nothing will stop it happening again. Double Doh!

This is totally unacceptable where both dealer and JLR shrug their shoulders and leave me screwed.
if you didn’t have a profile… what did you log out of to begin with? By definition, you weren’t ever signed in. I think that you will be fine moving forward with a signed in profile…

Old 12-07-2021, 08:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

My 3.0 upgrade has deleted ALL my saved favorite destinations, including 'HOME'. I've just called my dealership and they've not heard of anyone having that problem. This was done via the 'over-the-air' update so I can't have done anything wrong on the install. Anyone else have this issue?
After an attempted break-in at my house while my car was at a hotel valet a few years ago, I'll never put my home address in the nav again.

I use my neighbor's address. And it just got deleted the other day too.

The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Eitan (12-08-2021), Elektrapops (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 08:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by patpatriot6
if you didn’t have a profile… what did you log out of to begin with? By definition, you weren’t ever signed in. I think that you will be fine moving forward with a signed in profile…
Yeah, I logged out of the Land Rover InControl site on my laptop, where it has the 'sign out of all devices'. I never had a 'profile' and all the destinations were 'starred' as favourites. Then when I logged on in the car, it said 'select which profile', and of course I don't have one, and the only other option was to create a new profile, but different profiles can be added, so where my original entries are no one knows. I don't think a profile is essential to run the navigation, radio etc, except that maybe none of the entries are saved in an update.

BTW, the helpline said even a profile can be deleted when they do an over-the-air update.

Old 12-07-2021, 08:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
After an attempted break-in at my house while my car was at a hotel valet a few years ago, I'll never put my home address in the nav again.

Sorry to hear that. Yes, safety is always factored in and my 'home' address is nearby. Are you saying you lost just your home address, or all your destinations (if that's so then there are 3 of us on this thread)?

Old 12-07-2021, 09:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@_Allegedly - Sorry for your problems, but that experience has provided a BRILLIANT suggestion to others. Thanks for the tip. I'll be changing mine shortly.

Old 12-07-2021, 11:32 AM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

I don't think a profile is essential to run the navigation, radio etc, except that maybe none of the entries are saved in an update.
I am not sure about the entries not being saved, but if you have an Online Pack with data plan subscription to take advantage of the native apps built into Pivi Pro (Deezer, Spotify, TuneIn and, likely coming soon, Amazon Alexa), you do need to be logged into your InControl account profile in Pivi Pro to install and connect to those apps.

The following users liked this post:
Elektrapops (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Winching
Received 650 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly

Best way to avoid the ‘valet’ hucksters/criminals is to never use a valet service. Case in point: years ago was at a wedding venue and used the valet. Forgot something in the car, so retrieved my keys and proceeded into the basement parking facility. I heard screeching tires and an accelerating vehicle, only to see some 17/18 year old valet zooming through the parking deck, park the car then go running back for the next one. Swore at that moment to never use a valet again. Now when they approach my vehicle, I hand them a 5 or 10 dollar bill and tell them I need to complete some business calls, and ask where I can park it close. If you tip them well they will usually point to a spot close by. Besides, ever note the sign that says
”NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT”. So if there is a scratch or dent, it’s your word against theirs. And I don’t have to hide my radar detector, spare change, sunglasses, phone cables, etc. Those things are known to grow legs when using a valet.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Best way to avoid the ‘valet’ hucksters/criminals is to never use a valet service. Case in point: years ago was at a wedding venue and used the valet. Forgot something in the car, so retrieved my keys and proceeded into the basement parking facility. I heard screeching tires and an accelerating vehicle, only to see some 17/18 year old valet zooming through the parking deck, park the car then go running back for the next one. Swore at that moment to never use a valet again. Now when they approach my vehicle, I hand them a 5 or 10 dollar bill and tell them I need to complete some business calls, and ask where I can park it close. If you tip them well they will usually point to a spot close by. Besides, ever note the sign that says
”NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT”. So if there is a scratch or dent, it’s your word against theirs. And I don’t have to hide my radar detector, spare change, sunglasses, phone cables, etc. Those things are known to grow legs when using a valet.
I agree with you, years ago while in college I had a part time job as a valet. I was good but other valets….not so much. Exactly why I NEVER valet now! Self park only. 😀👍

Stealimg someone’s home address from the NAV screen is next level though.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Never use valets (see below why). As to the whole address thing, I agree with not having it saved in the car for security reasons: the car already can enter my gated community and open my garage, so if the car was stolen, having the home address saved just makes it easier for them to also break into my home! I just saved a nearby commercial location as my address so I can easily get directions and traffic by pressing the "take me home" icon.

!!

Old 12-07-2021, 11:07 PM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Perfect update. Took 35 minutes and Apple CarPlay was a breeze. Awesome. I didn't have to buy a 2022 or 2023 defender 110X!

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out