Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
On PiviPro, in the right hand lower corner is a little gear icon: Settings. Press that. Or if it's like mine, press it about 8 times until it recognizes your finger.
When you get the upgrade to 3.0 you’ll see a noticeable increase in performance. I had the same startup delay on 2.1.6, it took a while before acknowledging input while it was still starting up. With 3.0 everything is a lot quicker and wireless CarPlay fires up very quickly.

Old 01-11-2022, 11:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Day 1 update: I won't do these daily, but if anything changes in my actions to potentially drive anything. So, think of it as my log. I connected to my home wifi last night and then double locked. I don't know if it stays connected over night as when I started it up this a.m. it looked like it took time to connect to my wifi. The AT&T mobile connection was still zero (maybe 1) bars. Nothing happened. I don't know if it phones home or if it waits on a timer. I suspect the later as nothing happened. So, plan #2: I turned it on for an hour (turned off the Auto-stop) and left it running with the wifi connection on. Just turned it off and locked it up. I didn't have time to wait 10 minutes, so I'll see if anything changed tonight.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Finally received 3.0 and got it installed today. Wireless apple CarPlay is working without issue. I just had to completely delete the phones that were connected and re-pair them.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:13 AM
AUH
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone else have an issue with Apple CarPlay starting up every time you get in the Defender? Mine works 3 out of 4 times. Once in a while it will not show the iPhone as connected wirelessly to Apple CarPlay. I have to go into settings -> connectivity -> Apple CarPlay -> select my phone -> click start Apple CarPlay.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:28 AM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I like the carplay interface of the defender. There is the carplay icon in the background. If you want to use the defender nav, you can use it. If you want carplay nav, just press the button.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:18 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Does anyone know how to get the google maps on the digital dash?

ince getting updated to wireless car play it has only ever showed the pivi navigation in the dash while even using android auto. Yesterday I had the dash set on the two dial display. While having google maps navigation already running I switched the dash to show navigation and boom there was google maps right in the dash.

Today when I went back in again it was back to Pivi navigation and I could not get it back to google maps.

Old 01-27-2022, 05:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Moretti
Does anyone know how to get the google maps on the digital dash?

ince getting updated to wireless car play it has only ever showed the pivi navigation in the dash while even using android auto. Yesterday I had the dash set on the two dial display. While having google maps navigation already running I switched the dash to show navigation and boom there was google maps right in the dash.

Today when I went back in again it was back to Pivi navigation and I could not get it back to google maps.
As far as I know you can't do that. The digital dash only supports the Pivi app. Might you have seen the Pivi navigation but with the satellite terrain option? You can see output from CarPlay apps on the navigation tile on the main display, but to the best of my knowledge 3.0 doesn't support CarPlay Second Screen and the interactive dash only supports the Pivi navigation app. Happy to be wrong, though!

Old 01-27-2022, 05:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Damian Dinning (Product Manager of PiviPro) put out an EXCEPTIONAL video about how to do this in the 3.0 version. Unfortunately, all of his videos have disappeared from YouTube. Some speculate that the Legal / Management team at JLR shut him down. They were awesome quality & informative. If you can find them, he walked thru the process. I'm still awaiting 3.0, so I have no clue and miss the videos. If you are better at Googling than me (who isn't??) you may locate them. If not, search for 3.0 features of switching the nav that integrates to the native PiviPro nav. It replaced native everywhere except I don't recall getting any answer re: the HOV directions. If you find anything, post it here! Good luck.

He has a FB post on the "All New Defender Owners Group" on 11/8/2021 that was nice & long. He touches on the topic there.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:13 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

The interactive dash supports google maps for sure. I watched it for about two minutes thinking that I should probably take a picture of it for proof but then thinking that an update must have come out without my knowledge "fixing the glitch."

I just read that FB post but I dont see it providing any answers unless I need to press the the navigation shortcut in the side bar to get it to switch over on the dash. I did not try that.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:31 PM
Pro Wrench

@Moretti - all I remember is that it WAS pretty complex. I didn't pay attention thinking I would return once I got 3.0. Now I'm still on 2.6 and he's been banned! (Or left JLR and yanked it).

EDIT: Here's same stuff I found in another place. If I had 3.0 I would go thru it and try to interpret to steps but I think it has the start to get folks going.

Last edited by GrouseK9; 01-27-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out