2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 10:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,300 Likes on 950 Posts

I'll probably get a wireless charger to lug into the current CarPlay port. Nice to have two chargers for a clutter free look.

Trying to find one where the wire to plug in is hidden beneath the charging platform.

Some googling needed. Any folks have recommendations that work well and look neat. Visible wires up top are a non-starter. Defeats the purpose otherwise.

I'm currently on 2.6 software. It installed immediately after my truck's 3 week slumber in the shop. Ready for the 3.0

Old 11-17-2021, 12:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone have an idea of how to see what version I'm on with the following information from Pivi? I picked up my FY22 Defender about 2 weeks ago and its not showing any version as far as I can tell. Perhaps it only displays after its received an OTA update?

Old 11-17-2021, 12:56 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Yes, on a new vehicle nothing shows there until you get your first OTA update, that's normal. In a few more weeks (could be as long as a couple of months, depending on where you are in the OTA update lottery) you will receive you first upload, and after a successful update that screen will populate with your current version #, date and release notes.

The following users liked this post:
Eitan (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 12:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by umbertob
Yes, on a new vehicle nothing shows there until you get your first OTA update, that's normal. In a few more weeks (could be as long as a couple of months, depending on where you are in the OTA update lottery) you will receive you first upload, and after a successful update that screen will populate with your current version #, date and release notes.
Thanks for the info! I can't imagine why the OTA updates are so slow to be pushed out.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:19 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the update today but every time I select "Update Now" and shut off the car, lock the doors etc it doesn't do anything. Tried it 2 times now and it doesn't even say update failed. Just doesn't even start I guess. So frustrating.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Just got the update downloaded today too, didn't check yet to see if it installed correctly though.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by oldblueeyes182
Got the update today but every time I select "Update Now" and shut off the car, lock the doors etc it doesn't do anything. Tried it 2 times now and it doesn't even say update failed. Just doesn't even start I guess. So frustrating.
When mine failed the first two times, it initially didn't say anything. I think I had the engine running for about 20-30 seconds before the little notification icon appeared in the upper left on my user profile icon to tell me it failed. Despite it telling me it would take about 35 minutes, I gave it at least an hour all three times.

Make sure you're not just locking the doors but hitting the fob lock button twice so it's "armed" (sorry if you're already doing it and this is an obvious suggestion - the double-lock part doesn't seem very intuitive to me, coming from a different manufacturer where one lock press does it all).

Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 PM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Fens
When mine failed the first two times, it initially didn't say anything. I think I had the engine running for about 20-30 seconds before the little notification icon appeared in the upper left on my user profile icon to tell me it failed. Despite it telling me it would take about 35 minutes, I gave it at least an hour all three times.

Make sure you're not just locking the doors but hitting the fob lock button twice so it's "armed" (sorry if you're already doing it and this is an obvious suggestion - the double-lock part doesn't seem very intuitive to me, coming from a different manufacturer where one lock press does it all).
The double press just deadlocks it so that it cannot be opened from the inside. It's locked and alarmed with just a single press of the key fob lock button, which is all it needs to run an update.

D-Fens (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 05:37 PM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppetry
The double press just deadlocks it so that it cannot be opened from the inside. It's locked and alarmed with just a single press of the key fob lock button, which is all it needs to run an update.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification. This is good to know and will double the life of my lock button.

Old 11-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Yep it installed, no problems!

D-Fens (11-17-2021)

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out