2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 01:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 238 Likes on 97 Posts

Update arrived overnight, but I only found it by looking under "Software Updates" as there was no pop-up to notify me that it had arrived. Chose "Install Now" and double locked vehicle when I got to work. After a couple hours, checked and found that the install was successful. Unpaired my iPhone and re-connected. At that point the system needed to update "Live Apps". I could see the new interface changes but CarPlay wouldn't start. Unpaired and re-paired phone and had to go into the iPhone's CarPlay settings to enable CarPlay on the Defender. After doing this, everything is working great! It connects almost instantly, and plays whatever music or content you were last listening to, almost as fast at the Pivi system initializes. No longer need my CarLinkit as this integrated wireless CarPlay is perfectly implemented. Great job LR!

Old 11-18-2021, 03:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Delivered a 2022 Discovery the other day and it was also updated with this new OS. Was a nice surprise for my customer!

Have not received the update on my Defender though. Hoping to get it soon!

Old 11-18-2021, 04:11 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

Received 3.0 today on my early build MY2020 as well. Flawless wireless Android Auto integration (will still go wired at times to keep phone charged, but nice to see I don't have to), but big bummer about Android navigation maps still not showing in driver display or HUD. Also confirming all surround cameras can now be accessed and viewed at any speed, I wonder why that is? Perhaps they'll allow a way to record the video feed in the future, that would really be cool.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:20 AM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

I installed 3.0 last night. Phone connected to Carplay immediately after re-pairing the phone to Pivi Pro. My wife taking the Defender to work today so no time to check out the new features other than to confirm no multi-screen mirroring or HUD. Still, that is a “nice to have” that I am happy to wait for in a future update. Core Wireless Airplay functionality is what I really wanted. Now I can actually use the wireless charger. It’s also great that we have OTA updates rather than having to rely on a bloody dealer.

Well done JLR folks!!

Last edited by TheMoke; 11-19-2021 at 10:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drcoop (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 08:08 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

My MY22 Defender (June delivery) received the update yesterday. I was surprised because all previous updates have been weeks/months behind when I saw others on this board say they received them. So far, so good. Wireless CarPlay works as advertised.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:14 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No android auto

My problem is that I bought my defender when android auto was not available in my country. And so it was missing in my pivi. Now Android auto is available since march but I am still missing Android auto. Any solutions?

Old 11-21-2021, 10:45 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Updated and absolutely loving wireless CarPlay.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

So, after days of waiting, the car updated to 3.0. Followed the instructions as per Damian’s video and wireless Carplay worked. I have never been a huge fan of Carplay but figured this was nice. Well, now my Pivi navigation has decided to not work. I try searching for any address or POI and it gets stuck searching as if it wasn’t connected to a network. Also noticed the following icon on the screen. I have now deleted the phone and reset PiviPro and still no success in getting Pivi navigation to work.

Any ideas?

Old 11-23-2021, 05:57 AM
Vin
Mudding
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
Has anyone in the US already gotten to 3.0? Just saw on the D5 forum of a US owner that got his D5 updated overnight.
Yes, Saturday. Wireless CP is faster and more consistent than the CarPlay2Air, which I’ll be moving to my wife’s I Pace, assuming we ever get it back.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:03 AM
Vin
Mudding
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by oldblueeyes182
Got the update today but every time I select "Update Now" and shut off the car, lock the doors etc it doesn't do anything. Tried it 2 times now and it doesn't even say update failed. Just doesn't even start I guess. So frustrating.
Make sure you unplug any devices from the two USB ports under the climate controls.

Quick Reply: OS 3.0 and Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto rolling out