2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023 | 09:21 PM
Three Wheeling

Had this happen on both 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.. on 4.0.1 I forgot the phone from pivi settings a couple of times. The most recent attempt, after re-pairing, it’s been working normally again. Tapping the icon actually brings up CarPlay rather than the connection settings. It’s been over a week still work so *knock on wood*

Old 08-26-2023 | 08:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Has anyone else noticed their PIVI screen won't shut off without locking the car now?

I walk away for 10 minutes and go back and the pivi screen is still on the home screen. Not sure when it would shut off if I just left it.

If I lock the car the screen shuts off right away. I don't lock my car in the garage, I just get out and leave it. Now I need to remember to lock it in case it stays on and drains the battery.

Edit:
never mind.. I tested it a few different ways and found that it does shut off eventually, just way longer than before.

Last edited by chpsk8; 08-27-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2023 | 12:09 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by chuyn
Had this happen on both 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.. on 4.0.1 I forgot the phone from pivi settings a couple of times. The most recent attempt, after re-pairing, it’s been working normally again. Tapping the icon actually brings up CarPlay rather than the connection settings. It’s been over a week still work so *knock on wood*
I think I may have fixed this for myself. I again deleted and re-added my phone and it lasted all of one power-cycle, so when I was driving around I did a Pivi reset and when it came back up, Android Auto was working. It also worked after I stopped for gas and, so hoping this is a permanent fix to a rather annoying problem!

Old 08-28-2023 | 09:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
I have a 2023 Defender and my car automatically updated to 4.0.1 recently, and it appears that my Phone vs CarPlay connection has been corrupted. This issue wasn't there after the 4.0.0 and it only emerged after the very recent 4.0.1 update.

Strangely after the update, I am unable to access CarPlay except through making/receiving a call or by tapping on the Media Tile and selecting "Apple CarPlay," and then the Apple/Youtube Music Launches the CarPlay for me.

I noticed the following issues which made it seem like my phone is connected to CarPlay wirelessly; but without Bluetooth connection established: 😕
  • Whenever I tap on the "CarPlay" or "Phone" icons it takes me to the Smart Devices screen where I can view the list of devices and strangely my phone appears not to be connected via bluetooth, (even though CarPlay gets launched by calls and media).
  • When I tap Connect and it establishes the Bluetooth connection, after 2 seconds it disconnects again.
  • The Pivi Homescreen Phone Tile no longer indicates the name of the my phone, it's just empty.
I tried resetting my phone, locking and exiting the car, forgetting the device and resetting the connection, but no luck yet.

But I noticed that if I did not enable CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection stays solid, it is only when CarPlay is enabled that this bug emerges in Bluetooth and CarPlay/Phone integration or shall I call it harmonization.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated!
Is the issue fixed? I have similar issue and it was fixed by resetting the Pivi Pro. Put into park gear, press and hold the Pivi Pro power button for 40 seconds. After reboot, it should be fixed.

Old 09-04-2023 | 06:30 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
I have a 2023 Defender and my car automatically updated to 4.0.1 recently, and it appears that my Phone vs CarPlay connection has been corrupted. This issue wasn't there after the 4.0.0 and it only emerged after the very recent 4.0.1 update.

Strangely after the update, I am unable to access CarPlay except through making/receiving a call or by tapping on the Media Tile and selecting "Apple CarPlay," and then the Apple/Youtube Music Launches the CarPlay for me.

I noticed the following issues which made it seem like my phone is connected to CarPlay wirelessly; but without Bluetooth connection established: 😕
  • Whenever I tap on the "CarPlay" or "Phone" icons it takes me to the Smart Devices screen where I can view the list of devices and strangely my phone appears not to be connected via bluetooth, (even though CarPlay gets launched by calls and media).
  • When I tap Connect and it establishes the Bluetooth connection, after 2 seconds it disconnects again.
  • The Pivi Homescreen Phone Tile no longer indicates the name of the my phone, it's just empty.
I tried resetting my phone, locking and exiting the car, forgetting the device and resetting the connection, but no luck yet.

But I noticed that if I did not enable CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection stays solid, it is only when CarPlay is enabled that this bug emerges in Bluetooth and CarPlay/Phone integration or shall I call it harmonization.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated!
I have the same exact behavior since 4.0.1. Sometimes it won’t connect to CarPlay, I do all Bluetooth forget, re-pair, etc., steps and I can then get CarPlay working. Other times, it will connect but, on longer road trips, it will then disconnect after about an hour of driving. Same result, same fix. What a PITA.

I have noticed that it seems, even when connected, it initially connects for a few seconds to Bluetooth and then drops that connection and seems to work via WiFi.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023 | 08:55 AM
Winching

After reading this thread my FOMO has completely gone away - yikes

Old 09-04-2023 | 02:34 PM
Pro Wrench

2020 110X here.
I was having CarPlay disconnects / refusal to connect on 4.0.0 that I got on August 5th. Which was somewhat annoying...
On August 17th, the car automatically (ie without prompting me) updated to 4.0.1 and, CarPlay has been perfect since. No issues. Was on an all day trip on Saturday and stayed connected the entire time.

Old 09-15-2023 | 09:48 PM
Drifting

I have the same issue as op

Old 09-18-2023 | 11:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default Now playing button pushes to settings

I'm on 4.0 and everything was working fine with Carplay until yesterday when the "now playing" button now just pushes to Smart Devices settings page. Getting to Carplay - for instance Spotify takes several steps. My iPhone (16.6.1) is connected to both bluetooth and WIFI so I don't know if this double connection is creating the Carplay issue. I've tried forgetting my device and reconnecting several times but the now playing button still forces me to the Smart Devices setup up screen every time.

Just confirming the issue for everyone. Hopefully we figure out a work around.

Lastly - any one else notice their phone getting unusually hot? I use the wireless charging pad and I'm not convinced it even charges at a faster rate than it's losing power being connect to both bluetooth and the WIFI.

Old 09-18-2023 | 09:11 PM
Mudding

charging pad is useless. like you said it basically doesn't charge and just cooks your phone.

Quick Reply: Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!