Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 07:13 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No update to 4.0.1 yet

I have auto update enabled and as of 10/30/23 EST no update. I did notice some connection to CarPlay issues - hard reset of phone and a reconnect to Pivi worked.

QUOTE=Hamad_N;873183]I have a 2023 Defender and my car automatically updated to 4.0.1 recently, and it appears that my Phone vs CarPlay connection has been corrupted. This issue wasn't there after the 4.0.0 and it only emerged after the very recent 4.0.1 update.

Strangely after the update, I am unable to access CarPlay except through making/receiving a call or by tapping on the Media Tile and selecting "Apple CarPlay," and then the Apple/Youtube Music Launches the CarPlay for me.

I noticed the following issues which made it seem like my phone is connected to CarPlay wirelessly; but without Bluetooth connection established: 😕
  • Whenever I tap on the "CarPlay" or "Phone" icons it takes me to the Smart Devices screen where I can view the list of devices and strangely my phone appears not to be connected via bluetooth, (even though CarPlay gets launched by calls and media).
  • When I tap Connect and it establishes the Bluetooth connection, after 2 seconds it disconnects again.
  • The Pivi Homescreen Phone Tile no longer indicates the name of the my phone, it's just empty.
I tried resetting my phone, locking and exiting the car, forgetting the device and resetting the connection, but no luck yet.

But I noticed that if I did not enable CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection stays solid, it is only when CarPlay is enabled that this bug emerges in Bluetooth and CarPlay/Phone integration or shall I call it harmonization.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Old 11-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
Just a quick update for you guys, the issue just vanished on its own one day.

I had nothing done.

I went for a trip outside the country for 4 days, and when I got back and started the engine; my phone connected normally without any issues.

What I took from this is that it might have resolved any issues after being parked for multiple days and going into sleep mode. It’s just my mere assumption though.
yes, same thing here. After the latest software update screen only showed my wifes phone, not mine and my phone was the primary. I thought it didn’t like me anymore. After a few days all back to normal, my phone first and then wife.

Old 05-04-2024, 06:01 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamad_N
I have a 2023 Defender and my car automatically updated to 4.0.1 recently, and it appears that my Phone vs CarPlay connection has been corrupted. This issue wasn't there after the 4.0.0 and it only emerged after the very recent 4.0.1 update.

Strangely after the update, I am unable to access CarPlay except through making/receiving a call or by tapping on the Media Tile and selecting "Apple CarPlay," and then the Apple/Youtube Music Launches the CarPlay for me.

I noticed the following issues which made it seem like my phone is connected to CarPlay wirelessly; but without Bluetooth connection established: 😕
  • Whenever I tap on the "CarPlay" or "Phone" icons it takes me to the Smart Devices screen where I can view the list of devices and strangely my phone appears not to be connected via bluetooth, (even though CarPlay gets launched by calls and media).
  • When I tap Connect and it establishes the Bluetooth connection, after 2 seconds it disconnects again.
  • The Pivi Homescreen Phone Tile no longer indicates the name of the my phone, it's just empty.
I tried resetting my phone, locking and exiting the car, forgetting the device and resetting the connection, but no luck yet.

But I noticed that if I did not enable CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection stays solid, it is only when CarPlay is enabled that this bug emerges in Bluetooth and CarPlay/Phone integration or shall I call it harmonization.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated!
I am having exactly the same problem with my new Evoque. It’s just started happening and I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited by Barry Clay; 05-04-2024 at 06:03 AM.