2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also quick update - today while driving the entire privi system rebooted on it's own - like screen turned off completed and restarted while I was on the highway - definitely made me nervous. It's still the same version and didn't update itself so I have no idea what's going on. But just adding this issue to the bug thread here.

Old 09-19-2023, 02:21 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Regardless of firmware version every now and then Pivi in my 2020 X does junk like that

Old 09-20-2023, 08:09 AM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Well it seems like I have fallen victim to a bug of sorts because I am unable to get Alexa going now. When I click on the Alexa icon it prompts me to sign in and give it approval, which I do, but nothing happens afterwards.

I have signed out and back of in-control, restarted the defender and nothing.

Old 09-23-2023, 02:03 PM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

To add to this story, now after the latest PIVI update, every time I drive anywhere, the Defender drops it's connection to Apple Car Play after several minutes of driving. I've re-booted the PIVI system multiple times over the past several days, and each time that restores the connection, but what is causing this? The ghost of Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, lives on.

Old 09-23-2023, 03:08 PM
Drifting
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tsielski
To add to this story, now after the latest PIVI update, every time I drive anywhere, the Defender drops it's connection to Apple Car Play after several minutes of driving. I've re-booted the PIVI system multiple times over the past several days, and each time that restores the connection, but what is causing this? The ghost of Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, lives on.
Have you completely deleted your phone, cleanse your phone by having it forget the Pivi bluetooth connection, reboot both Pivi and your phone and then set up the fresh connection?

Old 09-23-2023, 03:40 PM
4wd Low

No I haven't yet performed that evolution, however in an attempt to address this logically, the first question that arises is why would one need to do that as the system recognizes my phone initially? In addition to the PIVI dropping the Apple car play repeatedly, when that happens, the system will also absolutely not bring up the built in PIVI nav.
So there are two issues; the PIVI drops a connected Apple Car Play iphone and when that happens, the built in PIVI nav will also not work. Rebooting the PIVI restores the iphone connection and car play. Seems as if the issue is deeper than a bluetooth connection.

Old 09-23-2023, 03:55 PM
Mudding
Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

No I haven't yet performed that evolution, however in an attempt to address this logically, the first question that arises is why would one need to do that as the system recognizes my phone initially? In addition to the PIVI dropping the Apple car play repeatedly, when that happens, the system will also absolutely not bring up the built in PIVI nav.
So there are two issues; the PIVI drops a connected Apple Car Play iphone and when that happens, the built in PIVI nav will also not work. Rebooting the PIVI restores the iphone connection and car play. Seems as if the issue is deeper than a bluetooth connection.
I have an Android phone, but after the 4.0.1 update I was having issues with no connection to the phone at all, or it would work once and then not again, requiring me to delete and re-add the phone each time. In the end, I did a single Pivi reset (hold down power for a while.. maybe 10-20 seconds?) and all has been fine since (still no issues since my last post, which I forgot I had posted here and not on the Facebook group).

Old 09-23-2023, 03:55 PM
Drifting

Since you can't bring up Pivi nav then you may have been using Apple maps as your default. Nevertheless, its difficult to troubleshoot your specific issue, which version of IOS and which version of Pivi you may be utilizing. In short, ensure that your iphone OS is up to date, try what was previously recommended and you will likely get things in sync. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:26 AM
4wd Low

Iphone has the latest IOS version, 17.01, and the PIVI SW version is 4.01, which is the latest I understand. BTW, I don't use Apple maps for anything, and certainly not on the Defender. When Apple car play is working I use Waze exclusively. When not in the vehicle and I need to refer to a map, I use Google maps as it's much more preferable than Apple's map software.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:34 AM
Drifting

Iphone has the latest IOS version, 17.01, and the PIVI SW version is 4.01, which is the latest I understand. BTW, I don't use Apple maps for anything, and certainly not on the Defender. When Apple car play is working I use Waze exclusively. When not in the vehicle and I need to refer to a map, I use Google maps as it's much more preferable than Apple's map software.
Have you tried the delete iphone, pivi reset sequence yet?

Quick Reply: Pivi 4.0.1 Update Released with a Bug!