2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

potentiall taking delivery tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024 | 05:53 PM
Rock Crawling

I agree 100% you should ignore internet comments because a good number are likely on the payroll anyway. I wanted one, I did what I wanted to do, that is to own one first hand and see for myself whether the quality issues and internet lore were mostly bullsh*t. You should do the same. Unfortunately no BS in my case, many issues, issues I've never seen before or since with new cars and I've owned a new car every few years since '05, this pile by far took the cake so, what can I say, hey it looks cool, you may be one of the lucky ones but I would honestly expect the worst and hope for the best.

JLR's stuff is stylish as hell but you're very likely IMO to be bringing it into the dealership significantly more than most brands. Buy it new is my advice (or lease it) so at least then it's under warranty for a lot of the misc crap, I paid nothing for what went wrong with mine but half of it they couldn't or wouldn't fix so warranty was irrelevant on some of it but everything else that failed was covered under warranty, I found it was just a major pain in the *** to go back and forth to the dealership all the time. If you're retired and a masochist it's the ideal vehicle to inject some drama into your life.

Last edited by Chief65; 08-22-2024 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2024 | 06:16 PM
Overlanding

Have recently purchased both a RR Sport and a LR Defender 90. Reliability has been good. As mentioned in a prior response, most post on automobile forums are usually about problems. I wish more positive and cool content would be in the forums. Also, many critics are non owners.

Old 08-22-2024 | 06:51 PM
Drifting

I'm driving my first Land Rover product. MY24 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE. 2K miles, no rattles or any major issues. Keyless entry button intermittently doesn't work which is annoying but not something I feel the need to bring it in for. There is a known fix for this issue by the way.

Very comfortable to drive around town. Pretty unique looking I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. There's not a million of them on the road around LA like RRS, Tesla, Cayenne, Audi etc.

My last couple SUVs had double pane glass so zero wind noise on the freeway. Defender has wind noise over 50mph on the freeway but hasn't bothered me much with the radio on. If you drive a ton of freeway miles and you're used to Acoustic glass that could potentially be an issue. If you're coming from an older car Defender will be a huge upgrade. It really is a fantastic all around vehicle.

Old 08-23-2024 | 06:34 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling

Lucky you...

Getting to drive a brand new L663 fours hours!