Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really don't know how to explain myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow.
Again, thanks to previous poster's matter of fact statements on how best to dump a car.

The E Pace was the bad decision. I'm then married to the dealership and the Defender was the salvage decision to get out of the E-Pace (and the better "value" despite the negative comments I've made). One 30 mile drive in the E Pace made that clear. Too bad 30 mile test drives are not allowed - should I have asked for one?

I told the above long story to fully explain a peculiar weekend I had with big money.

Good luck to KenCav in his future trolling endeavors. Now THERE is some pathology.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by dogwind
Wow.
Again, thanks to previous poster's matter of fact statements on how best to dump a car.

The E Pace was the bad decision. I'm then married to the dealership and the Defender was the salvage decision to get out of the E-Pace (and the better "value" despite the negative comments I've made). One 30 mile drive in the E Pace made that clear. Too bad 30 mile test drives are not allowed - should I have asked for one?

I told the above long story to fully explain a peculiar weekend I had with big money.

Good luck to KenCav in his future trolling endeavors. Now THERE is some pathology.
With you coming from a CX5 I'm quite surprised you found the E-Pace to be that bad. I've yet to test drive one but I'm now fully expecting a letdown after your comments. I'm in a 2018 Q5 and there's no comparison IMO between my buddies CX5 and my Q5, it floats by comparison and when I punch it I get something immediately with the dual clutch not like hearing him punch his CX5 to merge and the thing is straining and whining to get going, ugh, at my age I wouldn't spend three months putting up with one of those let alone 36.

The Q5 is of course much more expensive than a CX5 so it's not a fair comparison but the E-Pace is really no less-expensive than a Q5 when comparably equipped. On the Defender I don't know what to say but you've painted yourself into a corner since that was your bailout from the E-Pace debacle. I would probably just ride it out at this point, take your lumps is what comes to mind. If you rolled negative equity from the E-Pace into the Defender you're in a really bad position to get out for a second time. Did you purchase or lease? Maybe do a lease swap? I have no experience with any of that (yet) but the vehicle is in demand so maybe there's an opportunity to allow someone else to make an impulse buy.

Last edited by Chief65; 03-02-2021 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dogwind
Wow.

just stating what I’m sure a lot of people are thinking reading your nonsensical rambling sir.

no trolling here....just astonishment really.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:23 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Goler Wash Trona/Death Valley

Postscript -- Guess what?

After nearly a year of ownership, during this unique window of time, I may actually be able to sell this vehicle for more than I paid for it.

I may do it just to say I actually sold a vehicle that appreciated. And maybe to spite KenScat? No that would add to the illogics.

Unlikely that I will. Like the vehicle 8 out of 10 now. Plus what would I buy? Whatever I bought would just lead me to bitching on another forum.

> just stating what I’m sure a lot of people are thinking reading your nonsensical rambling sir.<

"Lot of people" --- a
rgumentum ad populum. Go Fox News!

Thanks to those who actually gave constructive feedback back then.

GOLER WASH NEAR DEATH VALLEY

Last edited by dogwind; 01-14-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Pic location
The following 2 users liked this post by dogwind:
IrrationalCPA (01-15-2022), Nanozic (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 07:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

What a weird f**king thread.

Impulse-buy a truck and then spend a year in consternation. Is posting on this forum a cathartic act?

Freud would have a field day with this!

The following 3 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Mechano2020 (01-14-2022), robn (01-14-2022), swajames (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 09:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

I'll smoke to that.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts

@dogwind
Let me quote you here :
My commute is 5 miles so my carbon footprint is overall much less than the typical California commute.
With all respect, you are genuinely from California... Carbon foot print ???
Whoa ... this is not a Tesla - yes it may be an MEHV, but this car is kind of a gasser.
Don't like it anymore ? well, call it a one night stand, and make a buck.
I know lots of people that would pay over your sticker and you would make a nice chunk of change with it.
Again, respectfully (honest) - what do you expect to hear on this forum ? a shoulder to cry for your decision or advice in life ?
This place is mostly technical forum.
Here is my 2 cents - not that it matter - sell it and move on with your life. After all is a car, it has a positive equity (it does, trust me) and get a different make.
Not trying to insult you here, but ... man, I don't get it !

The following users liked this post:
_Allegedly (01-15-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 12:28 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,407 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns

I'll smoke to that.

Alright, that's funny but it's not all s-n d's. I was referring to Motivation Theory.

This guy seems to have some unconscious issues.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 01-15-2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:35 PM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Definitely wins for the weirdest and possibly creepiest thread/post by a Forum member. It'll be hard to beat!!!!

Old 01-15-2022, 04:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

I don't do "bucket lists" ... and try to stay away from regret analysis, too, both for the same reason. They both rely on usually partially or uninformed information to create certainty of expectation, which by definition is not very reliable to enjoy the outcome of following the method.

I suppose I tend more towards obtainment of happiness through gradual, evolutionary understanding of certainty through experience and reflection, uncolored by specific, demanded, conclusive expectation. But, to each his own, certainly.

That said, I see you executed purchasing the Defender; and now that the market is upside down, you can ALSO achieve the listed new bucket task of selling a new vehicle for more than you paid. So, I say if that is what you desire, go for it.

Enjoy !!

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 01-16-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Really don't know how to explain myself