Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote climate

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 10:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Remote climate

Has anyone had issues with the remote climate feature? I want to say when tested this worked for me to pre-cool the interior of the vehicle during the summer, however recently the weather is considerably colder as we head into winter and I wanted to warm the interior. I have the target temp in the app set to 75 F. As I understand the proper behavior if left unattended it should run until it reaches the target temperature or for 30 minutes. What I'm finding recently is that for example in 45 degree weather the vehicle seems to run for maybe 5 minutes and turn off. When I enter the vehicle it's still chilly, maybe 60 degrees, if that, I started the engine and the temperature on the dial reads 66.

This makes me think it's either warming to whatever the interior temperature is set to and ignoring what I have in the app or it's stalling out while it's warming. Very disappointed in this so far. No way to turn on the heated seats, heated windshield or heated steering wheel or defrosters remotely with the app, it's strictly the temperature and even that is a huge fail for me so far. This would seem to be so straightforward to implement, I don't understand how this passed QA testing at JLR. Maybe it worked right initially and a recent software update broke something? Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

The following 2 users liked this post by Chief65:
Elektrapops (01-16-2022), nashvegas (01-17-2022)
Old 11-04-2021, 11:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Just tested this AM we had our first solid frost. I found the same thing you did.

I set heat to MAX and did remote start. The heated air turned on but nothing from Heated seats, windshield, or steering wheel. The remote windshield, steering wheel, and seats would be HUGE in the winter to melt snow off in the AM.

Does anyone have any idea how we could turn these on via remote?

Old 11-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

The heated windshield will work with the remote climate feature. For it to work, you must have it turned on. It is weird but when the windshield is not being heated, the indicator light is turned off. The assumption then is the heated windshield is turned off but it is indicating that the windshield is currently not heating.

Next time, get in the car and turn the heated windshield button on. Then the next time you start the car and the heated windshield is needed because of windshield ambient temperature, it will start up. Can't help you with your heated seats. Also, I have found running the system on AUTO has made sure the car stays on until the proper temperature is acquired.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Mudding
Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't believe there is a way to turn on the heated steering wheel or seats via remote start. Agree it would be great but I've never found a way in any JLR vehicle from Disco Sport to FPace and now Defender.

The seat warmers seem to stay engaged for about 30 minutes or so after exiting vehicle. So if running errands and getting in and out they'll automatically turn on when restarting the engine. The steering wheel does not do the same thing and requires press of the button each time.

Good thing is that both warm up so quickly it really isn't an issue for me