Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '19 Disco HSE Lux

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default New '19 Disco HSE Lux

Traded in my '16 LR4 Landmark for a '19 HSE Lux. Dynamic package, Heads up-display, etc. -- tons of cool technology over the LR4.

Most everything has been pretty intuitive to setup/configure -- except I thought it would have "remote seats", where you can fold the rear seats up/down from the InControl Remote app; however, there's no such option in my app. Anyone else have that feature and can shed some light?

Old 01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats!!! Took me a while to get used to the menus and features on the D5.

My Remote App initially didn't have the remote seat folding feature, but after an update on the phone it magically appeared after I signed in again. I think the phone app is v1.72(147).

Perhaps turn the D5 off, sign out and close the app and then open and sign in again. It seems to take a while for things to get set properly as I assume a lot of the functions are set through the LR site, i.e. App --> LR Site/DB --> D5. Which is a bit nuts vs just having a few more buttons on a remote, as I doubt any of this will work if the D5 is out of cell range.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by andries
Congrats!!! Took me a while to get used to the menus and features on the D5.

My Remote App initially didn't have the remote seat folding feature, but after an update on the phone it magically appeared after I signed in again. I think the phone app is v1.72(147).

Perhaps turn the D5 off, sign out and close the app and then open and sign in again. It seems to take a while for things to get set properly as I assume a lot of the functions are set through the LR site, i.e. App --> LR Site/DB --> D5. Which is a bit nuts vs just having a few more buttons on a remote, as I doubt any of this will work if the D5 is out of cell range.
great idea! I just tried but no dice. I might uninstall and reinstall the app in a bit and see if that makes a difference. Just to confirm: does remote seat have its own “page” as you swipe left and right through the app, like auto climate, journeys, etc?

it took me forever to find the option to auto enable the front parking sensors when you get below 12 mph. Still not sure if I could get back to it in under a minute. Lol

Old 01-14-2019, 06:40 PM
4wd High
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes to the page question. When I go in on mine there are 6 pages:
1 - summary
2 - climate / auto start
3 - remote seats
4 - journeys
5 - assistance
6 - settings

The following users liked this post:
Drake Anderson (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 06:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mmmkam
Yes to the page question. When I go in on mine there are 6 pages:
1 - summary
2 - climate / auto start
3 - remote seats
4 - journeys
5 - assistance
6 - settings
Yep - missing #3. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I'll ask the "Encore" guy.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes. Second page is remote climate. Third is remote seat fold. Then journeys. Then assistance. Then settings

Old 01-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Others already answered to the page for seats as you swipe. Mine didn't have it originally, but it then appeared later. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what changes happened for it to show. I did have some SW updates to my '19 when I took it in in late Nov and had to re log in to the remote App as well.

I logged into the InControl webpage and also had to log into the Nav/Ent system as well.
https://incontrol.landrover.com

Just feels a bit fragmented in terms of all the different section/apps/settings.

The following users liked this post:
Drake Anderson (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 07:19 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by andries
Just feels a bit fragmented in terms of all the different section/apps/settings.
Agreed. If I find out what it takes to make remote seats appear, I'll share back.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake Anderson
Traded in my '16 LR4 Landmark for a '19 HSE Lux. Dynamic package, Heads up-display, etc. -- tons of cool technology over the LR4.

Most everything has been pretty intuitive to setup/configure -- except I thought it would have "remote seats", where you can fold the rear seats up/down from the InControl Remote app; however, there's no such option in my app. Anyone else have that feature and can shed some light?

landmarks have held there value well...mostly I think becuase ALOT of people don’t like the looks of the new disco.

how was the reliability of the Landmark?

Old 01-15-2019, 06:43 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by cru_jones
how was the reliability of the Landmark?
Had a hood sensor replaced in the first year; car thought the hood was open and couldn’t lock the doors. And the auto start/stop quit working 3 times. Hate that feature but also hated the car having something wrong, so got it fixed each time (under warranty). That’s about it. Great car. Traded in with 16,700 miles. Basically new.

Quick Reply: New '19 Disco HSE Lux