Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUV Battle Offroad Video - Defender vs old and new Landcruiser and more

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by _Allegedly
Everything that @NoGaBiker says and no snorkel necessary.

Call this a moment of weakness but I just put a deposit on a Rivian R1S. My 110 should be here in about 2 months and I expect to love it but who the hell knows where my mind (or this insane world) will be in the 12 to 18 months it's sure to take to get the Rivian. Ideally, the wife will dump her F-Pace for it.

​​​​​​They seem to have all the backing they need, reviews are coming in solid, and this charging network in trails and parks sounds like it will make up for that nasty looking front end.

The 21's have got to go and the REMOVABLE panaramic roof will be added.
The Rivian is a marvel of technology and I think you will thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm calling it now so write it down. One day the entire dash is going to be one long screen. You will be able to have a full panoramic view of the outside via cameras everywhere or you can divide it up into segments, i.e. a map on one side and infotainment on the other. How the hell will people be able to focus on the damn road with these giant screens right in front of their faces!

Old 09-11-2021, 03:36 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
The Rivian is a marvel of technology and I think you will thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm calling it now so write it down. One day the entire dash is going to be one long screen. You will be able to have a full panoramic view of the outside via cameras everywhere or you can divide it up into segments, i.e. a map on one side and infotainment on the other. How the hell will people be able to focus on the damn road with
these giant screens right in front of their faces!
The wife just said she's in to dump the Jag for a Rivian as long as I can do something with the front end. Black out the center light bar? Will look good next to my Defender.

As for the full-dash screen, you're already right. "One day" is here. 56" Hyperscreen on the EQS.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (09-11-2021)