Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracking Defender issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 04:51 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues on my defender

25k km, Water in right headlight, noise from A-B pillars on both sides, noise from left door, buggy audio system even after various dealer updates.

Old 05-18-2023, 04:53 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that the Siri- turn stalk is a wanted behavior, so that it can hear you. But they could add a toggle.

Old 05-23-2023, 06:48 AM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

My passenger rear door is now locked shut. Won’t open from the inside or outside.

Just got it back two weeks ago from the intercooler coolant leak and DRL headlight being fixed.

Back to the dealer I go for a loaner at least.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

You get a loaner?!? Definitely need to drop LR Austin....

Old 05-23-2023, 07:31 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
You get a loaner?!? Definitely need to drop LR Austin....
yes as long as you schedule it out a few days at least. Sewell has been amazing with providing loaners. They do want them back ASAP, so you gotta say how high when they say jump.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeTexan
yes as long as you schedule it out a few days at least. Sewell has been amazing with providing loaners. They do want them back ASAP, so you gotta say how high when they say jump.
Sewell just had my car for a month.... My front AC was blowing the correct temp but the back was always blowing 120-140 degrees. They had my entire car apart and replaced the entire HVAC system. That was the first major issue that happened to my car and was a pretty big bummer. The biggest issue was more with how the car went back together rather than the AC issue its self.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 10:03 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by inater
The biggest issue was more with how the car went back together rather than the AC issue its self.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? Just curious.

Old 05-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Ya, my car was given back to me with screws missing, screws stripped, wires hanging down, and just a bunch of issues like that. They also scratched the inside of my driver's door so it had to go to the body shop to get repainted. For some reason, the A-pillar covers were also replaced and repainted (I wasn't told that until I noticed), and they looked really bad. After two tries they had to pull a set of new ones off a car in the showroom and put them on my car.

Before this, I hadn't had any real issues with my car or this dealer but the car went to them 9 times for these issues and it made me feel pretty over LR and the dealer. About to head out on a month and a half road trip so hopefully the love will be restored!

notourist (05-23-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 03:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MastrBlastr
Rock chips all over the back of the rear doors and matte black plastic lower panel in front of the rear tires. They're getting trashed. Can't figure out why this is happening, because there are no issues behind the front wheels. 8,000 mostly highway miles.
This is exactly why I have Xpel Ultimate Plus put everywhere day one. Between US road conditions, rampant constructions and dump trucks everywhere, and vehicle design which lends itself to a grand invitation for stone chips.....XPEL it !!!

The Phantom Menace (05-26-2024)
Old 05-23-2023, 05:29 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by inater
Ya, my car was given back to me with screws missing, screws stripped, wires hanging down, and just a bunch of issues like that. They also scratched the inside of my driver's door so it had to go to the body shop to get repainted. For some reason, the A-pillar covers were also replaced and repainted (I wasn't told that until I noticed), and they looked really bad. After two tries they had to pull a set of new ones off a car in the showroom and put them on my car.

Before this, I hadn't had any real issues with my car or this dealer but the car went to them 9 times for these issues and it made me feel pretty over LR and the dealer. About to head out on a month and a half road trip so hopefully the love will be restored!

Good Lord man, I feel for ya in dealing with that. Hopefully you have a good road trip and fall back in love with it : )

Quick Reply: Tracking Defender issues