Sponsored by:

Tracking Defender issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 10:59 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door issues

Originally Posted by Bcampagnolo
I checked, and nothing about folding mirrors. I think I may have a larger issue. I can't seem to 'double lock' - I press the key lock button twice and get the anemic two horn beep, but the passenger door remains unlocked - but the alarm goes off when you open it. The driver's side doors are locked and you can't open them. The rear door is unlocked, you can open it, and no alarm.

Not sure if I need to have a door strike plate or latch adjusted? Not sure if anyone has any tips for double locking the new Defender?
Hi - I have a similar (?) problem - wondering if anyone else has? My 2021 D90 passenger door won't open from the inside?? I have tried cycling the locks, holding handle open and cycling locks, updating software, etc but still nothing. Kinda lame having to open the door from the outside.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:03 AM
Mudding
Received 96 Likes on 41 Posts

The one positive side is that it's not hard-coded, things like apps can be improved with updates. I'm sure things will (slowly) improve as manufacturers worldwide are slowly adopting these technologies.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:46 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I am having difficulty locating this anti rattle clip in the door. My picture of the open door is posted. Can you help?

Old 01-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Send @Simon14 a PM. He's now the "Resident Door Expert" on this forum!<g>

Old 01-05-2022, 05:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
When the app fails to connect to the server, I’ve usually found killing it and relaunching fixes it (I use iOS so do this with the swipe up to get to the app selector and then swipe up on the app) and it will then work as normal without any need to re-enter credentials.

With that said, it does occasionally log you out for some inexplicable reason. But the failure to connect to the server glitch can sometimes be cured just by an app restart.
Thanks for the tip but it does not work that way for me. Same problem this morning, servers down, killed off the app, relaunched it, prompted for username and password again, touch ID again etc. Really starting to regret this purchase, especially since the only reason I left Audi is because they didn't have remote start, I was leasing a Q5 after owning a Q3. Now I have all the winter features and the app turns out to be a significant problem. It has worked about 4 mornings out of the last 7. The other three I climbed into an icebox like old times, now at twice the payment. The good news I suppose is the app can be fixed, if they fix it....

Last edited by Chief65; 01-05-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief65
Thanks for the tip but it does not work that way for me. Same problem this morning, servers down, killed off the app, relaunched it, prompted for username and password again, touch ID again etc. Really starting to regret this purchase, especially since the only reason I left Audi is because they didn't have remote start, I was leasing a Q5 after owning a Q3. Now I have all the winter features and the app turns out to be a significant problem. It has worked about 4 mornings out of the last 7. The other three I climbed into an icebox like old times, now at twice the payment. The good news I suppose is the app can be fixed, if they fix it....
Try using the keyfob first to wake the car up in the morning before the app. Just unlock and re-lock or double lock it to give the truck a little bump before you connect. I used to have to do that with a Jag on the old version of the app.

**Edit - just realized it was a server issue with the app not the app connection to the truck. Sorry. Idk how to fix their shi**y servers.

Last edited by _Allegedly; 01-05-2022 at 08:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Chief65 (01-06-2022), GrouseK9 (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 09:48 AM
Pro Wrench

** Edit - Reboot them!

The following users liked this post:
_Allegedly (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 03:50 PM
Rock Crawling

No issues today. It's annoying but maybe just server maintenance. Many corporations use open source and this log4j issue has jumped up this week, I'm in IT so I hear about these things. My co-worker has a ton of stuff to patch after hours because of this. Not making excuses for LR but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a while longer since I do really enjoy the vehicle. If it's like this every week though I'm bailing.

Last edited by Chief65; 01-06-2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:02 PM
Rock Crawling

Here's a new one. Tonight I went to pick up some take-out dinners, parked, left my son in the Defender and left it running because it's well below freezing outside. Come back out and walk to the vehicle and I see the passenger-side tail lights are all off. So I did some checking, tapped the brake and they turned on, put the turn signal on and they turned on, any other time they remain off. The driver's side tail lights are lit like they should be at night. The lights are set to auto, I toggled that off and on, no change in behavior. Has anyone else seen this issue? Clearly it seems a bulb isn't blown because applying the brake will turn the light on.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Pro Wrench

What trim level you have? Do you have the smoked out brakes? Maybe someone high beamed them in the parking lot??

The following users liked this post:
Chief65 (01-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Tracking Defender issues