Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walk away door locking?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 04:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@sarek - Do you know which setting that is? If not, I'll look it up and post it later this weekend. Thanks.

If you mean the setting on an IID tool they are as follows

MultiCAN-505 - Walk away locking

Only available on MY2023.5 onward, the general consensus seems to be if you don’t have a locking fuel cap you can enable walk away locking. You will also have to go into your centre screen setting and switch it on

MultiCAN-807 Approach Unlocking

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (06-07-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 07:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
If you mean the setting on an IID tool they are as follows

MultiCAN-505 - Walk away locking

Only available on MY2023.5 onward, the general consensus seems to be if you don’t have a locking fuel cap you can enable walk away locking. You will also have to go into your centre screen setting and switch it on

MultiCAN-807 Approach Unlocking
When you say locking fuel cap can you please clarify? I assume you mean fuel door. And by locking I assume you mean the fuel door won't open if the vehicles doors are locked?

So if the vehicles doors are locked and you cannot open the fuel door, approach lock/unlock will not work?

Old 06-05-2023, 09:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes apologies I meant the fuel flap/door, a few people found that if their fuel flap/door locked with the car central locking then walkaway/approach locking wouldn't work. Land Rover deleted the fuel flap/door lock on approx MY2022.5+ (probably due to the microchip shortage) so vehicles after that didn't have a lockable fuel flap/door. On my car I have a lockable fuel flap/door and although I can get the setting to show in the pivi screen it just doesn't work. I would also add that I'm in the UK in case that makes a difference.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:24 AM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Defenderphil
2022 Landrover Defender. Does my car have walkaway door locking? Saw someone with same car walkaway and car beeped and doors locked. Can’t find on screen how to do it. Help.
It’s quite possible that what you witnessed was the person pressing the lock button on the fob in his pocket as he walked away. I do the same thing myself at times. And I also lock and unlock my Defender using the Remote app on my Apple Watch ever since that functionality was added recently. I am more vexed that our high-priced vehicles don’t have a locking fuel filler door flap.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (08-25-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
Yes apologies I meant the fuel flap/door, a few people found that if their fuel flap/door locked with the car central locking then walkaway/approach locking wouldn't work. Land Rover deleted the fuel flap/door lock on approx MY2022.5+ (probably due to the microchip shortage) so vehicles after that didn't have a lockable fuel flap/door. On my car I have a lockable fuel flap/door and although I can get the setting to show in the pivi screen it just doesn't work. I would also add that I'm in the UK in case that makes a difference.
Interesting.

This approach/walk way locking thing I know isn't a huge deal, but its something we got really used to in our X5. And, given how finicky the buttons on the door handles are, it'd be really nice to not have to mess with the door handle buttons at all. Of course not the end of the world if it doesn't work. But this function along with enabling dynamic mode are the main two reasons I am really really tempted to drop the coin on the GAP iiD.

That said, mine is a 2023.5 130, in the US. I just checked, and doors locked, the fuel filler door opened up no problem, so not lockable. Which I presume means another data point that suggests I'll be able to enable the approach/walk away lock/unlock.